Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Chris Hughton be given a full season even it it means relegation ?

Should Chris be given a full season ?

• Yes

Votes: 321 87.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hughton has set out to do that all season. Look at Bournemouth this afternoon. Go a goal down to Arsenal and haven't stopped trying to score and now they've taken the lead. Hughton would have gone into damage limitation mode.

I like Hughton but he does appear to be out of his depth in the Premier League. Forget personnel at his disposal, his coaching and tactics are questionable.

You will get slated for hitting the nail firmly ion the head.

When you get an endorsement like that, you know you're due a bounce at some point in the future...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I like Hughton but he does appear to be out of his depth in the Premier League.
Not only is he out of his depth, but so are our players, and that's why we're going down.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You will get slated for hitting the nail firmly ion the head.
Do you think maybe it's time to accept that you're not the man you once were, and your finger isn't really on the pulse of football any more?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
When you get an endorsement like that, you know you're due a bounce at some point in the future...

I have no problem with the bounce. He appears to have changed his tactics a little since I wrote that. He also has 2 new additions to the squad that have improved current players.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Didn’t look like some of those players were really playing for him today. Squad looked unhappy and low in confidence. Duffy and AK in particular looked very out of sorts.

This. CH has clearly lost the confidence of the players and should be sacked, to make way for .... Arsene Wenger or Alan Pardew.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, really. I was on the front row today so can see the sweat on their brows when they're playing. I said a few days ago, don't confuse sulkiness with frustration. Knocky's worst critic is himself. He wants to succeed all the time and doesn't like it when he can't. He kicked the 6 yard line in frustration when he had a curling shot go just two inches over the crossbar.
Duffy exhorts other players, because he cares.

There is absolutely nothing I saw today that would indicate Chris losing the dressing room. I've seen us play worse, and he will sort it out.

Phew. I always have a look at bounced threads to see if I was right. I'm ok with this one.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have no problem with the bounce. He appears to have changed his tactics a little since I wrote that. He also has 2 new additions to the squad that have improved current players.

Actually he hasn't. What possibly has happened, is that with so many new players coming it has taken them time to adapt and do what he wants them to do. In addition because there was so many new players it would have taken him time himself to work out what approach he needs to take with them individually to get the best out of them.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not only is he out of his depth, but so are our players, and that's why we're going down.

Where did I say we were going down? Also, at the time I said that we did look out of our depth and results were reflecting that-we were being done over by the likes of Bournemouth, Huddersfield and even WBA who we gave their only win in God knows how long. We were the last team they managed 3 points from. We are playing differently now but don't let that stop you being a smartass.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Actually he hasn't. What possibly has happened, is that with so many new players coming it has taken them time to adapt and do what he wants them to do. In addition because there was so many new players it would have taken him time himself to work out what approach he needs to take with them individually to get the best out of them.
What new players in January played yesterday? Or are you saying the new ones from last August have finally got the message after 6 months?

I do agree that I don't think tactics have changed it's just that the players have upped their game as they have looked at the bench and realised if they get dropped they may not get back in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Where did I say we were going down?
Where did I say you did?
Also, at the time I said that we did look out of our depth and results were reflecting that-we were being done over by the likes of Bournemouth, Huddersfield and even WBA who we gave their only win in God knows how long. We were the last team they managed 3 points from.
It's our first season it the PL and we have the second cheapest squad, of course it was going to be difficult. Even if we got relegated (with the second cheapest squad) that wouldn't mean Hughton was out of his depth in the PL.
We are playing differently now
Yes we are, for several reasons, but Hughton going from not good enough to excellent isn't one of them.
but don't let that stop you being a smartass.
Nothing's going to stop that. More to the point, are you just going to admit you got it wrong?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
We must stamp our superiority all over your faces.

You must have a pretty shallow life to dig this up. I heard lots of posts are being dug up by the small cock brigade.

Now I said he MAY not be the one as we were so defensive and that pissed off a lot of people. Recently, he has been a lot more attack minded and we have reaped the benefits.

So I was right you CJTC keyboard warrior tit.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What new players in January played yesterday? Or are you saying the new ones from last August have finally got the message after 6 months?

I do agree that I don't think tactics have changed it's just that the players have upped their game as they have looked at the bench and realised if they get dropped they may not get back in.

I am on about the August signings. Players like Propper, Isquierdo, and Schellotto, who wasn't previously a regular starter. They all came with talent but CH has a certain expectancy of what he wants from them and what their roles are within his set up and how he wants them to contribute to a team performance. The same happened with Dunk when he first arrived. There was some bad decision making on his part and it took about a year to iron them out. Dunky is now a super player.

Isquierdo, I saw some awful performances from him but now he defends and attacks because the Manager has probably worked out what he needs on an emotional level to get him to produce on a more consistent basis and he probably was more needy in terms of settling into a new country. Propper was probably the easiest to integrate because his game is simpler and it was more about just instilling a disciplined role for him.

Gross was the only one who really hit the ground running.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You must have a pretty shallow life to dig this up. I heard lots of posts are being dug up by the small cock brigade.

Now I said he MAY not be the one as we were so defensive and that pissed off a lot of people. Recently, he has been a lot more attack minded and we have reaped the benefits.

Hahahaha you've actually deluded yourself that you were right, somehow. CH probably read your ill-informed opinion and it changed his mindset. That'll be it.
Didn't you have a cry at my childish insult in your last message? Yeah, you did. Mate at least I have a cock, rather than just being one.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Upped their game, OR through their newly gained experience of the PL lost the fear factor of most opponents?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

:lolol: Raw nerve touched.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Upped their game, OR through their newly gained experience of the PL lost the fear factor of most opponents?
Upped their game. Murray is now scoring and not if side any where near add much as he was obviously the first half of the season. Stephens is now paying more consistently, I know he had good stats for this but it was his passes that put us in trouble that were the issue, again less if those. Propper, yes probably more familiar with English/premier league now. Izquierdo and Schelotto the same.

At the end of the day it is all good, whatever has charged. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here