Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should Chris Hughton be given a full season even it it means relegation ?

Should Chris be given a full season ?

• Yes

Votes: 321 87.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The grass is always greener on the other side. Chris is an excellent ambassador for this football club, and I believe he is just as tactically astute as anyone else we could bring in. We would need stability, not change, if we went down.

Burnley stuck with Dyche, and it paid dividends. I can’t see why we shouldn’t do the same.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The grass is always greener on the other side. Chris is an excellent ambassador for this football club, and I believe he is just as tactically astute as anyone else we could bring in. We would need stability, not change, if we went down.

Burnley stuck with Dyche, and it paid dividends. I can’t see why we shouldn’t do the same.
Dyche is much more wiley than Hughton. He learned from his first season in the Premier League. I don't believe Hughton has from his time at Norwich and Newcastle.

We were playing a team that hadn't won in 21 games. Why did he drop Schelotto? Why did he take Izzy off and leave AK on ? Baffling decisions.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Have you completely forgotten the previous 2 seasons already?
That was then. This is NOW!

Maybe all of the other relegated clubs never read the 'Going Straight Back Up' manual? There is a long and growing list.

It is better to try and stay up rather than try to get out of possibly the toughest second tier in world football. The emphasis being on trying to stay up which means trying to win games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anybody can make mistakes but the good ones are those that learn from them which CH doesnt seem to do. although he did make positive decisions yesterday albeit some were wrong.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was he? Obviously Ashley thought differently and thought that he would do better with somebody else as manager.

..........and he has since gone on record as saying it was a huge mistake on his part. Just accept a fact as a fact, even if it doesn't suit your argument!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
..........and he has since gone on record as saying it was a huge mistake on his part. Just accept a fact as a fact, even if it doesn't suit your argument!

That was said in hindsight but at the time he thought differently and we are talking about now as I think that CH has lost the plot and virtually accepted that we will be relegated.,Is he spending too much time promoting BAME.?

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
I think no but we should only get rid if there's a very very good replacement in store and at the time we are deep in it.I would say goodbye to him reluctantly and always be very very thankful to him.

Football is a nasty ruthless business.There is no loyalty.Let's remember if Chris or a player got a great offer elsewhere they would be off.

Only the strong survive and being strong means making decisions without emotion.

Last edited:

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Start of the season, would've said yes all day long. Unsure now and I can kind of see why he has previously been sacked when in ok positions.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes.

He is expected to manage a squad in the PL with just 3 strikers, 1 of which is injured half the time.

Given the circumstances he has done as well as can be expected.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
If Tony is the billionaire that many on here say then he has a choice, dip into his pocket to freshen and strengthen the team (I think a winger and one experienced striker and one loan striker) or accept that we are more than likely going down. If it’s the former then it gives Chris a chance to win some games and he has proved he can do that, if it’s the latter then there is no point in replacing him as a new manager will fair little better with what we have. The next two weeks flushed out how much money Tony has.

So yes, give him a full season.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Yes.

He is expected to manage a squad in the PL with just 3 strikers, 1 of which is injured half the time.

Given the circumstances he has done as well as can be expected.

Sets low standards and continually fails to achieve them. Likewise the players expect to play in a formation in which they can excell and a game plan that allows them to display their strengths. Perhaps they are unhappy with what they are being asked to do or maybe bored with the losing formula.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Not at all, how much did Burnley pay for Sam Vokes and Ahley Barnes, who were the star high value players in Leicesters PL winning season? The focus is now rightly on CH, his game plan, strategy and team selection, he has to come up with an idea and stop hiding behind the lack of signings. Do you really think that another striker will do any better in our structure, especialy if he never gets the ball infront of goal.

If the players aren’t good enough doesn’t matter what plan u come up with other than giving baldock and kayal a chance that’s all we can do . I’ve only missed terriers away and I’ve seen Stephens have two good games I must watch different games to most on here , no striker is going to promise u goals but with are record something needs to change and fast . Start players wingers on there correct sides so they don’t keep checking back so predictable all we are gonna here from barber and bloom is how difficult the jan transfer window is well pay up or go down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Same answer as last time this question was asked: yes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
5live today analysed the rise of Palace.

They put it simply down to Hodgson using the power and pace of their wide array of attacking players.

Other than Izquierdo the Albion squad completely lacks attacking pace and power able to inflict damage at PL level.

The club have simply not given CH a squad able to achieve that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here