Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Big Break

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I'd go for the return of Golden Shot, obviously no Bob Monkhouse but I'll bet Anne Aston and Bernie the Bolt are still around...

Up a bit, left a bit, SHOOT!!!!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Noooooo........Supermarket Sweep has already been totally ruined by Rylan Clark Neal. Please don't let him ruin another tv quiz classic.

I'm surprised the BBC didn't go for Jim Davidson again*

(*Actually I'm not)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Filming was delayed due to covid, now expecting to land early 2021 with some celebrity specials over the festive period.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm surprised the BBC didn't go for Jim Davidson again*

(*Actually I'm not)

How can Rylan or Jim Davison host it they’ve never played snooker at the top level

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Filming was delayed due to covid, now expecting to land early 2021 with some celebrity specials over the festive period.
Hopefully Ron Atkinson will make an appearance, big snooker fan. Any news on a cameo from the original legend of the show Davidson?

His chummy bantz with Virgo were some of the greatest pieces of comedy on British TV at the time and I can't personally see how that could age.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hopefully Ron Atkinson will make an appearance, big snooker fan. Any news on a cameo from the original legend of the show Davidson?

His chummy bantz with Virgo were some of the greatest pieces of comedy on British TV at the time and I can't personally see how that could age.

No way the BBC would have a right wing dinosaur like Davidson back on prime time TV, hence why Rylan Clark Neal is presenting, seen as one of the safest pairs of hands in the business and hugely popular with all are groups. TV is probably entering a golden age where heavyweights Rylan Clark Neal and Stephen Mulhern will be going head to head on their respective prime time shows with BBC/ITV.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No way the BBC would have a right wing dinosaur like Davidson back on prime time TV, hence why Rylan Clark Neal is presenting, seen as one of the safest pairs of hands in the business and hugely popular with all are groups. TV is probably entering a golden age where heavyweights Rylan Clark Neal and Stephen Mulhern will be going head to head on their respective prime time shows with BBC/ITV.
It's disappointing but you're probably right. As long as there's a comedy section with Michael McIntyre or Russell Howard then I can see it being a massive ratings winner.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's disappointing but you're probably right. As long as there's a comedy section with Michael McIntyre or Russell Howard then I can see it being a massive ratings winner.

John Parrott expected to take on the John Virgo sidekick role, a Clark Neal/Parrott double act has huge potential.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Jimmy White lookalikey would have HILARIOUS results

mrs_brown__65911__47423__60695.1354626647.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

I reckon Alec Scott can wield a cue. Fingers crossed she is free for the Christmas special.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I reckon Alec Scott can wield a cue. Fingers crossed she is free for the Christmas special.

She's definitely a shoe in for the celebrity specials, rumours going round Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen and Diane Louise Jordan doing them too.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
She's definitely a shoe in for the celebrity specials, rumours going round Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen and Diane Louise Jordan doing them too.

You must be dreaming of them getting Dorset's own Lesley Waters? Imagine the buzz in the Ship. Guessing she will be tied up with Dylan in his fantastic reboot of cooking shows. Genre defining some say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here