Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Feels a bit like it right now, doesn't it?

No poll because that's how I roll.
    I said earlier in the season that there was a real risk we could do a Boro but was shouted down. So many similarities between our approach and theirs last season. Few wins by one goal first half of season, very defensive approach, poor strikeforce, very few goals scored. We need very good recruitment and a tactical rethink or we are down.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dadams2k11 View Post
      This. With Kayal starting. Kayal always wants to get the ball forward and Baldock will create space and has some pace.

The dilemma with Kayal starting is who do you drop? Stephens or Propper?
      Propper. Agajnst B’muff when he was caught in possession, any opposing midfielder simply destroyed him for pace.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      If we do do a Boro and go down meekly I’m not sure I’ll be too fussed if we don’t come back up in a hurry. I quite like the Championship and if we can’t afford to even buy (or convince) one Premier quality striker we might as well stay in the Championship
      Falmer, concrete proof that if you build it they will come

3 Not allowed!
      The team that finished the game all played in the Championship bar Ryan. Looked like it too.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I would rather we were doing a Burnley than a Middlesborough. Up one year, relegated next, learn lessons and get promoted again - then get Premier League survival.

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sorrel View Post
      I would rather we were doing a Burnley than a Middlesborough. Up one year, relegated next, learn lessons and get promoted again - then get Premier League survival.
      Far easier said than done. In the vast majority of cases, teams stay down.

Far better to give CH the tools to stay part of the £100m gravy train.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post

Far better to give CH the tools to stay part of the £100m gravy train.
      Seems that that is impossible, we’ll know in a couple of weeks if it is. He’s not go the full toolkit yet that’s for sure.
      Falmer, concrete proof that if you build it they will come

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
      We are trying to do Premier League survival on the cheap and it doesn’t work.

Only 7 clubs had a bigger net transfer fee spend than Albion in the summer and it would have been even more if one of those striker deals had gone through . (None of which collapsed because we were being “cheap” - left it too late, unlucky, -take your pick - but not cheap - 3 clubs at least agreed massive fees)

And transfer fees only half the picture, the eye watering wage bill last year gobbles up most of the increased income as well as some lucrative new contracts on top of that . And Bloom will no doubt spend more in next fortnight.

We’re trying to do survival like many “small” clubs. With an established manager, a lot of your promoted players, and a few expensive additions (but no striker - yet).

That doesn’t always work. We all know that. And today I started to think for first time that relegation is a real possibility . What a grim afternoon - I hate bloody clackers AND drums even more - but “cheap” - nah.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      Only 7 clubs had a bigger net transfer fee spend than Albion in the summer and it would have been even more if one of those striker deals had gone through . (None of which collapsed because we were being “cheap” - left it too late, unlucky, -take your pick - but not cheap - 3 clubs at least agreed massive fees)

And transfer fees only half the picture, the eye watering wage bill last year gobbles up most of the increased income as well as some lucrative new contracts on top of that . And Bloom will no doubt spend more in next fortnight.

We’re trying to do survival like many “small” clubs. With an established manager, a lot of your promoted players, and a few expensive additions (but no striker - yet).

That doesn’t always work. We all know that. And today I started to think for first time that relegation is a real possibility . What a grim afternoon - I hate bloody clackers AND drums even more - but “cheap” - nah.
      That is the most depressing post I have ever read from you. I need a drink but it is dry January

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Oldman View Post
      That is the most depressing post I have ever read from you. I need a drink but it is dry January
      Go on -have a drink; after today, I think we can all excuse you. Yes, I too for the first time wonder about us going down, having posted here on many an occasion, that on balance we would stay up. Obviously it depends to a larger extent on what happens in the next two weeks, and I can't believe that TB will let it all go to ruin after some much financial struggle on his part, but who knows - perhaps his brinkmanship with regard to getting the best deal, however understandable to an extent, will rebound on him again, as it did in August.