Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we "doing a Boro"?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We are trying to do Premier League survival on the cheap and it doesn’t work.

What utter crap. We spent some £40m in the summer from a club bankrolled by a fan.

We've not tried to do it on the cheap, we've tried to do it with what we can AFFORD! Did you forget it's not your money, where we've come from? Do we seriously think TB is letting us down not throwing even more money at it!? That is gratitude for you. Maybe we were better off with owners that are willing to sell the ground under your feet...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Are we "doing a Boro"?

What utter crap. We spent some £40m in the summer from a club bankrolled by a fan.

We've not tried to do it on the cheap, we've tried to do it with what we can AFFORD! Did you forget it's not your money, where we've come from? Do we seriously think TB is letting us down not throwing even more money at it!? That is gratitude for you. Maybe we were better off with owners that are willing to sell the ground under your feet...

£40m is nothing in the EPL I’m afraid. Nothing to do with gratitude it’s just a fact. If that’s all we can afford then this isn’t the league for us.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
£40m is nothing in the EPL I’m afraid. Nothing to do do with gratitude it’s just a fact. If that’s all we can afford then this isn’t the league for us.

That is a completely different statement to saying we have tried to do it on the cheap. If you don't understand the difference, then I can't help you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Feels a bit like it right now, doesn't it?

No poll because that's how I roll.

This thread is useless without a poll.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This. £100m extra from broadcasting alone.

Plus countless £m’s from greater advertising revenue, ticket price rises, sell outs, corporate hospitality and merchandising.

Yeah, what is Tony thinking? I thought he was good at maths and stuff? What a clown. :dunce:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
£40m is nothing in the EPL I’m afraid. Nothing to do with gratitude it’s just a fact. If that’s all we can afford then this isn’t the league for us.
Be sure to let Mr Bloom know that you think it’s not for us.oh and let’s add a substantial increase in the wage bill to your £40 mill...oh and of course how much we were going to spend on a striker but for various reasons it didn’t work out..but if it had that would have been a fair few millions more

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This thread is useless without a poll.

IMG_0170.JPG

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We are trying to do Premier League survival on the cheap and it doesn’t work.

Given how hard we fought to get here I would have hoped we would give it more of a go but it’s nearly too late now.

When Barca spend £142 million on Coutinho and it's not even a world record I'm afraid you're both right. We are living within our means and rightly so. However, our means are going to see us relegated with a whimper by mid April

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Be sure to let Mr Bloom know that you think it’s not for us.oh and let’s add a substantial increase in the wage bill to your £40 mill...oh and of course how much we were going to spend on a striker but for various reasons it didn’t work out..but if it had that would have been a fair few millions more

One of the various reasons may be what we are prepared to pay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here