Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 82

Thread: Drop Ryan...

  1. #31
    Members
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    eastbourne
    Posts
    124


    0 Not allowed!
    Recall Walton

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #32
      Members PILTDOWN MAN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      on the street
      Posts
      7,061


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      He did today, several times.
      Watched it on a stream can't say I noticed him catching any corners.

      Mainly irrelevant anyway, if I was an opposing manager I know what I would want to do with corners/freekicks and it appears so do many others with great affect.

      We will have to agree to disagree
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”
    • #33

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Watched it on a stream can't say I noticed him catching any corners.

      Mainly irrelevant anyway, if I was an opposing manager I know what I would want to do with corners/freekicks and it appears so do many others with great affect.

      We will have to agree to disagree
      But that's down to our piss poor defending at corners, why do you single out one player? This is very confusing.
    • #34
      Members TottonSeagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      Totton (Nr Southampton)
      Posts
      2,359


      2 Not allowed!
      I don’t think you can blame Ryan at all and I was one of his critics originally. He has turned out to be a more than compentant keeper and I would say is a lot better at collecting crosses as then Stockers!
      I thought Dunk was ball watching for the first today and haven’t seen the second since I left the game and it was up to other end so didn’t really see what happened. We have 2 big centre half’s that need to step up to the plate and get their heads on these corners, start to command the penalty areas at corners and they also need to start offering threat in the opposition box. I would look at bringing in Goldson or Uwe in for one of the centre backs before dropping or blaming Ryan!
    • #35
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Faversham
      Posts
      8,337


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by A1X View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Imagine looking at the team playing this afternoon and thinking "yep, the biggest problem we have on the pitch is definitely the goalkeeper".
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

      Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
    • #36
      Members PILTDOWN MAN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      on the street
      Posts
      7,061


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      But that's down to our piss poor defending at corners, why do you single out one player? This is very confusing.
      I'm not but if you read my posts I believe the reason we defend the way we do is attempting to protect our keeper as he can't command his area compared to a much taller one. I coach keepers at a local level. If I deal will a tall commanding keeper I would expect his defenders to draw the opposition away from him and block their runs, allowing him space to dominate, and not necessarily attacking the ball. A less commanding keeper needs his defence to challenge the ball at all times.


      Anyone who has played at the back will tell you some keepers they know will command others don't and you adjust the way you deal with high balls accordingly.
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”
    • #37

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TottonSeagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I don’t think you can blame Ryan at all and I was one of his critics originally. He has turned out to be a more than compentant keeper and I would say is a lot better at collecting crosses as then Stockers!
      I think we all know that, I think the OP needed a thread of his own and drew straws for which player to pick on. He got Ryan and realised there wasn't much to slag him off about, mind you he dragged a few with him, others desperate to blame anyone. It's the nature of the beast
    • #38

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm not but if you read my posts I believe the reason we defend the way we do is attempting to protect our keeper as he can't command his area compared to a much taller one. I coach keepers at a local level. If I deal will a tall commanding keeper I would expect his defenders to draw the opposition away from him and block their runs, allowing him space to dominate, and not necessarily attacking the ball. A less commanding keeper needs his defence to challenge the ball at all times.


      Anyone who has played at the back will tell you some keepers they know will command others don't and you adjust the way you deal with high balls accordingly.
      So, what about when we play with no players on the posts, that's hardly protecting the keeper is it? And as someone already pointed out, he pushes players away from him. And, even if you're a 6'5 keeper, if you have Murray in your face you have players protecting you, I don't get your point.
    • #39
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      Sarisbury Green, Southampton
      Posts
      2,978


      0 Not allowed!
      Are you for real? He has been superb this season and is the last player in our side who should be considered to be dropped.

      Duffy on the other hand.....
    • #40
      Members PILTDOWN MAN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      on the street
      Posts
      7,061


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So, what about when we play with no players on the posts, that's hardly protecting the keeper is it? And as someone already pointed out, he pushes players away from him. And, even if you're a 6'5 keeper, if you have Murray in your face you have players protecting you, I don't get your point.
      I give up.
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •