Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drop Ryan...

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Nope. Neither goal today his fault. MotD correctly pointed out that we're leaving too much space for the opposition to get creative in.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
MOTD has just proved neither goal was anything to do with Ryan. The first was weak from Propper who didn’t track Rodriguez and then Dunk got done by Evans. The second was Bong being caught too static and some pretty feeble defending on the line.

And Murray let Evans go. Seems he was marking him and decided it wasn't worth the effort!!

There is no way that Ryan should have come for either corner so he wasn't to blame. I wouldn't blame Knockhaert on the line either. He was pretty much useless for the whole game but you can't blame him for not being 6'6"!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ridiculous thread in my opinion. Neither WBA goal came from a position where you could expect Ryan to come to catch the ball. Dawson’s goal must have been 10 yards out and the flick on for the first was well out of his range. Just like Cook’s header for Bournemouth was and both headers at Huddersfield. From memory, the only one of this catalogue of headers from crosses we have conceded in recent weeks that you could possibly say was in Ryan’s range to come for was Liverpool’s first.

This. Dunk fell asleep and Dawson had a run on Bong, neither down to Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
As echoed above, ive only just seen the goals.

Good thread.

I would say Steve Sidwell was as much to blame as Mat Ryan for those two goals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As echoed above, ive only just seen the goals.

Good thread.

I would say Steve Sidwell was as much to blame as Mat Ryan for those two goals.

But the 'get ridders' have had so much grief over the last 12 (twelve) weeks or so, it was only a matter of time before they found some 'justification' for their earlier wrongness.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Did anyone else notice the total frustration with his team mates Ryan displayed at one point as he tried to find a player to give the ball to - all 10 outfield players had their backs to him whilst he had the ball in his hands. In the end he just kicked it upfield as far as possible.

It doesn’t appear to be all sweetness and light in the team.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What's that now, 11 goals conceded from corners? (And yes no goals in almost 150 corners from our side for comparison ) Clear weakness at defending crosses albeit a good shot stopper.

Tim krul the stage is yours (and also drop Bruno who cannot hack premier league football unfortately).

How is it Ryan's fault alone?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I really didn't expect us to be able to improve on Stockdale for both quality and character, but we have. Great stuff.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Clearly Hughton showed him this thread. At least it coincided with our improving corner defending, although still by some distance the worst in the league.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Clearly Hughton showed him this thread. At least it coincided with our improving corner defending, although still by some distance the worst in the league.

There are only 6 sides in the league who have conceded less goals than us, but you keep concentrating on the corners stat! :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

FFS if I can spot the change in tactics everybody else should do too.

Corners have improved because Duffy no longer marks anybody, and plays the ball.

It's got nothing to do with Ryan.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
FFS if I can spot the change in tactics everybody else should do too.

Corners have improved because Duffy no longer marks anybody, and plays the ball.

It's got nothing to do with Ryan.

...is the correct answer. Failures weren't down to Ryan - in one interview I also seem to recall him saying the area was too crowded (compared to how he was used to playing) and it stopped him coming out as much as he wanted to. Anyway, we're looking a lot more solid now. Problem identified and resolved, as usual. Duffy is in better form now too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here