Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jay Rodriguez alleged to have abused (possibly racially) Gaetan Bong

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I’m pretty sure Bong can recognise a racist slur when he hears one but I expect the usual crowd of thickies will be along shortly to cast doubt/point out its a mans game/ bantz.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
When was the last time someone called you a honky?

Used to hear that shouted regularly at our strikers all those years ago.

Oh, that was 'donkey'.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
If he told Bong he was shit with the ball at his feet, Bong hasn't got a leg to stand on.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Who knows what was said. Will we ever find out.

I didn't see the nose pinching incident (my stream was shit today) - but having played football against people with bad body odour - maybe Bong has?

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
B44CADBA-9EBB-4DB2-BCEE-254C512051C1.jpegHope the FA come down hard on Rodriguez.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Well having lip read it on motd - you can clearly see bong complaining to the ref saying 'He's racist' & rodriguez saying 'what did i say'

Who knows what was said

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I don't know the playing history of the players involved which may have an effect.

But is it possible that the intention of the insulter wasn't the same as the interpretation of the insultee?

(I think always thought I should have had a career in law)

There can only be an "alleged insulter" at this stage as it is unproven - if you had called the accused an "insulter", the beak would be having a word in your ear ...

The insultee, is, in legal terms, the plaintiff.

You're trying to go all Micky Flanagan on us aren't you?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The TV pictures look like it's the old smelly breath thing I haven't seen since school.

If the intent wasn't racist Jay Rodriguez appears at least to be an uneducated nob end.

Surely he can come up with something better than that ?

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Do these things ever work out the other way? IE a white person called a honky, cracker, chalky ect

When does that ever happen? The closest, and not particularly close, I can think if is when one black player called another a coconut, can’t remember who was involved.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
The TV pictures look like it's the old smelly breath thing I haven't seen since school.

If the intent wasn't racist Jay Rodriguez appears at least to be an uneducated nob end.

Surely he can come up with something better than that ?
My initial thoughts too upon seeing it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here