Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Exactly!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.
      Everyday Is Like Sunday Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar
      The Seaside Town They Forgot To Close Down

3 Not allowed!
      Our defence is performing genuine heroics this season. But they can't be expected to soak up pressure against Premier League opposition for ninety minutes week in week out. Without any form of credible counter-attacking threat to give the defence a bit of a breather now and again, we're essentially just setting out our stall for a series of 2-0 defeats.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

0 Not allowed!
      apart from our triangles at the back we seem to have lost the ability to complete straight forward passes.
      Don’t know if there is a fear factor of giving the ball away? which creates the factor of giving it away, anyway.
      Doing the basics that came naturally last year and keeping possession can only help the other aspects of our game.
      Yes I know the opposition are way better than last year, but many of the give aways are unforced.

0 Not allowed!
      The tools Hughton has to work with dictates how we play.
      Weather forecast for tonight: dark.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Our defence is performing genuine heroics this season. But they can't be expected to soak up pressure against Premier League opposition for ninety minutes week in week out. Without any form of credible counter-attacking threat to give the defence a bit of a breather now and again, we're essentially just setting out our stall for a series of 2-0 defeats.
      Irritatingly we are only a pacy quality striker away from having that threat. We have the wingers who can get to the byline at pace and cross but whenever they do they look mugs as there isn’t a single Albion player waiting in the box. Hence the setting up not to concede mentality. Not signing a striker has been our undoing and looks likely to be the main reason we get relegated. No goals from our central defenders at set pieces in the opposition area just compounds the problem. Concede and we are likely to lose, how much pressure does that it on the defence EVERY game? They are not superhuman. We have no outlet, however CH juggles the players and tactics, simplistic but true imo.
      Falmer, concrete proof that if you build it they will come
      Really Sayin' Somethin' Trigger's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Well we are definitely the most negative team in the prem (more so than Boro last season) but what other option do we have without enough quality up top? Get a ****ing striker in before it's too late!!!!!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I stole this point from another thread but did you realise that all outfield players we finished the game with played for us last season as well. They have done amazingly well given the supposed step up in class in the Premier League.
      And also highlights what I said at the start of the season. It was a worry we spent £40m in the office season and yet have the same players on the park as last season.

0 Not allowed!
      For the most part I think the players are good enough to keep us up. I don't think we have the coaching or modern tactical awareness to keep us up. Eddie Howe out-thought us twice for instance. If we had Wagner and his coaching team we'd be safe mid table mediocrity