Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Its All Too Beautiful Brighton Mod's Avatar

A Watershed Result

2 Not allowed!
    We can't defend and we can't score. Clearly what we have been doing thus far has not worked. Some players are tired others are just not performing, is Ch just going to follow the same tactics and same players week after week. I don't subscribe that he is using the best players every time, his rotation is non existent and our game plan is predictable and just too simple for other teams to work out. Our trajectory has been downwards for two months and still we see the same every time. Moyes and Roy have leap frogged us in just two months. Its not a new striker we need, its game plan that actually produces opportunities.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      Hughton needs to release the handbrake and play 4-4-2, which is what got us promoted in the first place! 4-5-1 just leaves forward players horrendously isolated.
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      Not good enough at this level I'm afraid .
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      The pundits predictions that we would fade and end up getting relegated look a real possibility now.
      Falmer, concrete proof that if you build it they will come

2 Not allowed!
      Much as though I admire and respect the man, it was the same when he was at Norwich. All too one-dimensional...
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GJN1 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Much as though I admire and respect the man, it was the same when he was at Norwich. All too one-dimensional...
      Unfortunately both Norwich (when they were there) and Brighton are teams that are Premier League relegation scrappers, Did Norwich benefit from sacking Hughton? Have they got a better manager now? Have they achieved anything better since he was sacked? At least he had kept them up for a season and may have done again when they sacked him whilst still not in the bottom three.

Team spirit is all you can rely on when you don’t have the quality and he appears to be able to bring that to teams.
      Falmer, concrete proof that if you build it they will come

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by stss30 View Post
      Hughton needs to release the handbrake and play 4-4-2, which is what got us promoted in the first place! 4-5-1 just leaves forward players horrendously isolated.
      Unless we can find that elusive, pacy striker pdq I think you’re right. With our current squad I simply can’t see that we’ll survive this season without a change in tactics that brings more goals.

Part of the problem is our defence isn’t good enough to release our wingers to get up the field. AK has had a lot of criticism but he’s spending far too much time trying to defend (which he’s crap at anyway!). Ditto March and Izquierdo.

Not Baldock’s greatest fan but I’d certainly give him an extended runout in current circumstances and hope he lasts the pace without getting injured again.

I’d also give Kayal more games as he’s both tenacious and positive and would give our forwards far better support.

Plus even our best players are looking pretty knackered now......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I'm not sure chopping and changing the full backs is working , could be the issue with set pieces as it's always change.
      Its All Too Beautiful Brighton Mod's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by biddles911 View Post
      Unless we can find that elusive, pacy striker pdq I think you’re right. With our current squad I simply can’t see that we’ll survive this season without a change in tactics that brings more goals.

Part of the problem is our defence isn’t good enough to release our wingers to get up the field. AK has had a lot of criticism but he’s spending far too much time trying to defend (which he’s crap at anyway!). Ditto March and Izquierdo.

Not Baldock’s greatest fan but I’d certainly give him an extended runout in current circumstances and hope he lasts the pace without getting injured again.

I’d also give Kayal more games as he’s both tenacious and positive and would give our forwards far better support.

Plus even our best players are looking pretty knackered now......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      The best we saw of Kayal is better than both Propper and Stephens, I always thought that Stephens shone in Kayals reflected glory. Get Kayal to start, he's fit now and ready, he is tenacious, aggresive and has an eye for a through ball, not really seen that from either Stephens or Propper,but in their defence with CHs negative view of things they are our fifth and sixth defenders so hardly a chance to look forward.

1 Not allowed!
      I think this must be Groundhog Day. I could swear I've read the same thread about 6 times, just with different titles, tonight.