Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this it for Chris? Time for Hughton to go?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don’t disagree that they are all part of the team. I just disagree that replacing the manager will make them a better team than they are.

I fear we could be arguing for equal thoughts here, I find it totally ridiculous that someone could start a Hughton Out thread. Anyone that even has the idea in their head should go support one of the other 18 Prem sides that change managers like babies nappies. I want a dynasty here, not a free for all.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I fear we could be arguing for equal thoughts here, I find it totally ridiculous that someone could start a Hughton Out thread. Anyone that even has the idea in their head should go support one of the other 18 Prem sides that change managers like babies nappies. I want a dynasty here, not a free for all.

Maybe some things were lost in translation as it seems we are both on the same side :thumbsup:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Well with our current form, lackluster tactics, Unability to score. Strange subs. Looks like he has lost his team too. Is it time we start looking for another manager?

I know this is set up for me to get torn to shreds by some of the hardcore among you like last time but to be honest i couldn't give a hoot now.

What would you do in this current situation we're facing outselves in?

Is it time we give Hughton the chop and get someone else in or keep him on and getting relegated? Thats the way it feels at the moment

Do Fook Off old boy!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OP is a f ucking idiot. You have to spend years on here as an NSC ninja before you can post a thread. Let alone a controversial thread. My guess is that most of the posters I respect haven't even bothered to open this one. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The argument for changing manager is that it shakes the team up for four or five games - and that that can be the difference between safety and relegation. Doesn't always work (see Sunderland) but many owners see staying in the Premier League as the only goal and therefore will be entirely ruthless in order to maximise that chance.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The argument for changing manager is that it shakes the team up for four or five games - and that that can be the difference between safety and relegation. Doesn't always work (see Sunderland) but many owners see staying in the Premier League as the only goal and therefore will be entirely ruthless in order to maximise that chance.

Utter madness. Do you know how many games we have played since Hereford? Four or five games.....long term plan? FFS on an electric bicycle with a spoke up my arse

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Is that your argument or are you just using it as a stick to beat CH with?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I am not one for sacking CH but I do feel questions should be asked of his back room staff with 2 more set piece goals conceded today Perhaps Dunk and Duffy are the weakness? What do we do on the training ground?

They probably are.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well with our current form, lackluster tactics, Unability to score. Strange subs. Looks like he has lost his team too. Is it time we start looking for another manager?

I know this is set up for me to get torn to shreds by some of the hardcore among you like last time but to be honest i couldn't give a hoot now.

What would you do in this current situation we're facing outselves in?

Is it time we give Hughton the chop and get someone else in or keep him on and getting relegated? Thats the way it feels at the moment

No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. I’m not going to blame Hughton, he has no choice but to go with plan A as the inability of the club to sign a striker leaves him with no alternatives imo. We are in a relegation battle now. No quality striker incoming and we are going down.

I think we should keep Hughton when we do as I have zero faith in the recruitment team getting a striker in. Once we concede away from home we are beaten and we can only scrape draws at home.

The lack of quality is NOT Hughton’s fault.

I would also add that i suspect CH knew this would be the case after the first transfer window closed and given how well the team did it says a lot about the quality of the man that he didn't hawk himself around after the media keep suggesting him for other jobs! To think about showing him the door in my opinion would be hubris in the extreme! We have a quality manager and a quality chairman; don't throw the baby out with the bath water!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
As I’ve just said in one of the other threads:

We’ve just got a very average squad of players in premier league terms. The only hope we’ve got of staying up and the reason why we have the points we do is down to Hughton’s management.

I’ve got every faith in him, he just needs more support in terms of recruitment and defenders (yes Duffy, that’s you) who actually do the job their asked to.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This is pitiful tonight mate.

It is, I agree, I have no problem with after match moaning, especially on the back of today's woeful performance, but Hughton Out, Ryan Out, etc., etc., just about sums up some of the intelligence on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here