Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this it for Chris? Time for Hughton to go?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think it is a question of 'paying for a decent striker' the problem is finding one that will both improve us and come to us. Strikers are expensive because there just aren't that many about that can do the job at this level.

Do you really think that Bloom is sitting in his office saying no to all these quality forwards because he doesn't want to pay the money? I am confident that both Hughton and the board are doing all they can to get us the players we need it, like the Premier League in general, is not easy.

Personally I don't want TB to gamble the future financial security on a ridiculously expensive striker on ridiculous wages who will become a millstone round our neck should we get relegated. Much better to get relegated and be in a decent position to come back up again than to get relegated and have players on stupid wages dragging us down.

I have confidence in Bloom and Hughton to make us a settled premier league team. It might not be this season though.

If the Albion go down, its projected accounting profits would read in these ball parks:

2018/19 £10m profit due to parachute monies preventing a loss
2019/20 £10m profit
2020/21 -£20m loss
2021/22 -£20m loss
2022/23 -£20m loss

PB was interviewed on live BT Sport after the Man City game and stated "staying up in the PL is EVERYTHING". Looking at the numbers you can see why.

The club simply cannot fail to invest in quality forwards with pace (last Summer and) this month.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
If the Albion go down, its projected accounting profits would read in these ball parks:

2019/20 £10m profit
2020/21 -£20m loss
2021/22 -£20m loss
2022/23 -£20m loss

PB was interviewed on live BT Sport after the Man City game and stated "staying up in the PL is EVERYTHING". Looking at the numbers you can see why.

The club simply cannot fail to invest in quality forwards with pace (last Summer and) this month.

It's irrelevant who we sign if the manager is negative things won't change .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

2019/20 £10m profit
2020/21 -£20m loss
2021/22 -£20m loss
2022/23 -£20m loss

Looking forward to the excitement of an extension to the window as we go for a last gasp attempt with striker target no 10, who then turns us down.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

2019/20 £10m profit
2020/21 -£20m loss
2021/22 -£20m loss
2022/23 -£20m loss

Most clubs will fail to invest in quality forwards with pace because everyone wants/needs one and there are not many around.

By your figures I would say that staying in the Premier League is not everything. Getting back up in two years looks important too.

As I said in my post, preparing for this as best we can is vital.

Of course the ideal situation is that we find a quality striker with pace. However we need to prepare for the fact that this may not happen for reasons stated above.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
And you didn’t respond to the point that 2 or 3 year’s since sacking Hughton, Norwich face a doomy future.

I am saying Norwich made the same mistakes when they bounced back with Alex Neil as they did the season they sacked Hughton

Norwich face a doomy future because of these mistakes which eventually you’ll stop bouncing back from and suffer the consequences

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The thing that has disappointed me the most so far this season , is how Huddersfield team has progressed and are probably a better team than us now , we had a 6 week start on them as well , we have no plan B , to me the players don’t look fit as other teams , we don’t put other teams under pressure both in terms of trying to win the ball back , and attacking wise , when do we ever look like scoring late on in a match when we need a goal . And to make things our defence leaks goals so easily since the Liverpool match . When does CH ever get the wingers to switch sides like we did last season , I think things to need change soon or else there will be relegation

The same huddersfield that are a point ahead of us, scored only 2 more yet conceded 10 more than us and lost 1-4 at home yesterday to west ham?
The premier league is so unforgiving, Newcastle were promoted with us having had donkeys years in the prem overall and theyre also only a point ahead!

Im getting as frustrated as the next fan with our predictability and lack of bite, but I was worried at the beginning of the season that we might be cut adrift by now. As it stands, luckily it appears that there are a number of teams that arent particularly cutting the mustard this season in one way or another!

As for leaking goals - we've got the seventh best defence in the league! Its lack of scoring that is costing us, not conceding. Although the goals from set pieces are becoming infuriating.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The same huddersfield that are a point ahead of us, scored only 2 more yet conceded 10 more than us and lost 1-4 at home yesterday to west ham?
The premier league is so unforgiving, Newcastle were promoted with us having had donkeys years in the prem overall and theyre also only a point ahead!

Im getting as frustrated as the next fan with our predictability and lack of bite, but I was worried at the beginning of the season that we might be cut adrift by now. As it stands, luckily it appears that there are a number of teams that arent particularly cutting the mustard this season in one way or another!

As for leaking goals - we've got the seventh best defence in the league! Its lack of scoring that is costing us, not conceding. Although the goals from set pieces are becoming infuriating.
Quite, we are not much cop at the moment and things are looking a bit grim. However there needs to be at least three teams that are worse than us this season. In this regard things are looking hopeful.

Even if this turns out to be incorrect we are still a well run club with quality leadership who are not gambling our future. I for one am satisfied with that.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Ok , but we had 6 weeks extra to prepare , and how many points did we finish in front of Huddersfield last season , yes they are only 1 point ahead of us , but they are ahead of us , so who has improved us or them

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here