Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this it for Chris? Time for Hughton to go?

Follow That Seagull

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere in Sussex
Well with our current form, lackluster tactics, Unability to score. Strange subs. Looks like he has lost his team too. Is it time we start looking for another manager?

I know this is set up for me to get torn to shreds by some of the hardcore among you like last time but to be honest i couldn't give a hoot now.

What would you do in this current situation we're facing outselves in?

Is it time we give Hughton the chop and get someone else in or keep him on and getting relegated? Thats the way it feels at the moment

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Genuine concern is, IF we go down and IF we stick with Hughton then what happens if we come back up?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Yes his tactics and decisions have been shit, but if we do go down then the person we want in charge next season is Hughton.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. I’m not going to blame Hughton, he has no choice but to go with plan A as the inability of the club to sign a striker leaves him with no alternatives imo. We are in a relegation battle now. No quality striker incoming and we are going down.

I think we should keep Hughton when we do as I have zero faith in the recruitment team getting a striker in. Once we concede away from home we are beaten and we can only scrape draws at home.

The lack of quality is NOT Hughton’s fault.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Well with our current form, lackluster tactics, Unability to score. Strange subs. Looks like he has lost his team too. Is it time we start looking for another manager?

I know this is set up for me to get torn to shreds by some of the hardcore among you like last time but to be honest i couldn't give a hoot now.

Is it time we give Hughton the chop and get someone else in or keep him on and getting relegated? Thats the way it feels at the moment

Er...No and No.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
He needs to drop Bruno & Murray for the rest of the season - we have been carrying 2 old men for too long, no matter their histories, both are finished.

Bruno cost us 2 points at home to Everton giving a needless penalty away, and Murray likewise at home to Burnley blazing a penalty over the bar!

We need at least 2 strikers from somewhere, Goldson MUST play and we need to stop conceding at set pieces.

Other than that it should be simple. WBA 21 games without a win says it all, we are now 16th from 12th a few weeks ago and look doomed with our fixtures remaining - those 4 points wasted by Bruno & Murray may be the difference?.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
No
1st season was always going to be about survival. We do need 2/3 signings still this January though to freshen the squad up. A CF another CM to offer more competition To Stephens and Propper and Kayal and a winger who can actually beat a man for pace on the outside of a fullback and then cross a good ball in.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
After the last window ended we were bookies favourites to go down yet started today in 12th position. The worst thing we could do is to sack Hughton. Get him a striker.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Shouldn't you be at Selhurst you sad cu nt?

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
No as I reckon he would help us to rebuild in the Championship after going down, and he probably has worked wonders to even put us in a position such as this, but his away game strategy at this level really does have to be questioned now.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. I’m not going to blame Hughton, he has no choice but to go with plan A as the inability of the club to sign a striker leaves him with no alternatives imo. We are in a relegation battle now. No quality striker incoming and we are going down.

The problem all season is not starting home games at tempo.

We have left so many points behind this season by starting slow and sluggish and having to chase the game. Not many home games left that are winnable now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here