Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be gobsmacked if anyone believed we had a guaranteed win today. It is not the defeat, but the manner of the loss. Losing to two more set pieces, being toothless, not holding the ball, a completely under performing team, we showed nothing, not a thing that would convince us we are anywhere near safety. I still believe we will stay up, but if we play like that a few more times we best get used to being one season wonders.
    To be honest, playing crap and losing 0-2 versus a battling display and losing 0-2...possibly playing crap is better - the only way is up, etc.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      To be honest, playing crap and losing 0-2 versus a battling display and losing 0-2...possibly playing crap is better - the only way is up, etc.
      Couple of my mates travelling back have been on facebook and would say different. Poor buggers, having to go there for that.

0 Not allowed!
      Be honest - blame tonight on Uncle Tony..........................
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!

0 Not allowed!
      Couple of my mates travelling back have been on facebook and would say different. Poor buggers, having to go there for that.
      But you do appreciate my point. If we are playing at maximum capacity, best plan, best line up, best of luck, and still losing, we are f ucked, relegated and burned. If we are not yet wiggling our bottoms in the right way, in the right velvet underpants, and with the right aftershave, then there is hope.

Members

0 Not allowed!
      But you do appreciate my point. If we are playing at maximum capacity, best plan, best line up, best of luck, and still losing, we are f ucked, relegated and burned. If we are not yet wiggling our bottoms in the right way, in the right velvet underpants, and with the right aftershave, then there is hope.
      I reckon we should pick 11 from the NSC brethren, plenty here think they're better

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by raymondo View Post
      Well, I think they are about as good as I think they are ;)). I mean, I agree with you that we are currently lower/possibly relegation level, but I do believe that our tactics, coaching, and squad rotation [or lack of] are not getting the best out of what we have. Yep, I'd too be very happy if we find a few higher quality players who want to come here.
      If Mourinho, Guardiola or even Hodgson was parachuted in, how could they get us to consistently win PL matches?

I think theyíd struggle.

Fullbacks, strikers, wingers and D.Propper - we lack pace, goals, defensive class, generally the tools needed to give opponents an awful lot to worry about.
      Members
      Near Coventry, stones throw from the empty Ricoh, in the Midlands

3 Not allowed!
      Seeing as there are a few threads about the same thing, below is something I posted a few weeks back:

I may get slated here but I think CH is missing a trick in our formation, which in my opinion has lost us 4 points from the last 3 games. Here goes with my reasoning with how we could improve:

At the back - Goldson (who Has Maldiniesque tendencies) is a better footballer than Duffy; Duffy is hard and enjoys the ugly side of the game, getting stuck in when needed; Dunk is a mixture of both but needs to rely on someone to tidy up when needed. Equation - play all three together.

Midfield - We have a severe lack of bite in the centre which served us so well over the last 2 seasons. Propper and Stephens too alike and cancel each other out. Either play Stephens/Propper and Kayal. My opinion, Stephens and Kayal with Propper in the hole in an attacking free roaming type position (funnily enough, the one he does very well with The Netherlands). Ok, that leaves a problem with GroŖ but I will come back to him in a minute. Wide you can set up to either hold and defend with Schelotto/Bruno or Suttner/Bong (left and right) or attack with Izquierdo and Knocky (again left and right respectively). Opponent dependent.

Up Front - Murray/Hemed and Baldock. Playing 1 up front has severely restricted our goal scoring opportunities, because quite frankly, there is no one in the box because the lone striker is out of position with link up play. 2 up front obviously means that leaves one for link up and feeding with one in the box to receive.

The mathematicians, statisticians and tactitians amongst you will recognise this as a 3-5-2 formation which can be interchanged to either a defensive or attack minded formation dependent on home/away/opposition.

Now the elephant in the room - GroŖ. He runs his socks off every game giving everything. For me, he is simply outstanding but I think he is being asked too much of to either support midfield (most of the time) and support the attack. However, he is so effective in that ‘hole’. So, does he replace Propper in that position as THE attacking midfielder with Propper replacing Stephens? Either way, GroŖ must always start but I do not feel the same way with Propper or Stephens. However, we need ‘bite’ in that central midfield and that is Kayal. This will also help our front pair and (in my opinion) could really scare some (most) of the opposition outside of the top 6.

Anyway, that’s it. In a nutshell, something has to change to convert draws into wins. I do not understand comments of ‘we are learning’ or ‘a point will do’, that’s way too negative. We have a squad of players that can thrive instead of survive. We can definitely be brave and we do look like we belong.

I am not saying we can beat everyone or that we can easily be in the top 10. What I am saying is that we can thrive. That is good for our future.

Just a few thoughts.

Ps, no intent to be needy here

0 Not allowed!
      I reckon we should pick 11 from the NSC brethren, plenty here think they're better
      What as players Lol! Yeah, sure plenty on here think they'd be better managers. In their dreams. Being top banana is a lonely and thankless job. Look at Mourinho these days - a shell of a man, listless and combustable. Any day now he'll go up like a petrol-soaked guy on November 5th.

Members

0 Not allowed!
      What as players Lol! Yeah, sure plenty on here think they'd be better managers. In their dreams. Being top banana is a lonely and thankless job. Look at Mourinho these days - a shell of a man, listless and combustable. Any day now he'll go up like a petrol-soaked guy on November 5th.
      Well yeah plenty of managers here for sure. But managers are usually ex players, so they'd have to put the shift in first

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by army ali View Post
      Seeing as there are a few threads about the same thing, below is something I posted a few weeks back:

I may get slated here but I think CH is missing a trick in our formation, which in my opinion has lost us 4 points from the last 3 games. Here goes with my reasoning with how we could improve:

At the back - Goldson (who Has Maldiniesque tendencies) is a better footballer than Duffy; Duffy is hard and enjoys the ugly side of the game, getting stuck in when needed; Dunk is a mixture of both but needs to rely on someone to tidy up when needed. Equation - play all three together.

Midfield - We have a severe lack of bite in the centre which served us so well over the last 2 seasons. Propper and Stephens too alike and cancel each other out. Either play Stephens/Propper and Kayal. My opinion, Stephens and Kayal with Propper in the hole in an attacking free roaming type position (funnily enough, the one he does very well with The Netherlands). Ok, that leaves a problem with GroŖ but I will come back to him in a minute. Wide you can set up to either hold and defend with Schelotto/Bruno or Suttner/Bong (left and right) or attack with Izquierdo and Knocky (again left and right respectively). Opponent dependent.

Up Front - Murray/Hemed and Baldock. Playing 1 up front has severely restricted our goal scoring opportunities, because quite frankly, there is no one in the box because the lone striker is out of position with link up play. 2 up front obviously means that leaves one for link up and feeding with one in the box to receive.

The mathematicians, statisticians and tactitians amongst you will recognise this as a 3-5-2 formation which can be interchanged to either a defensive or attack minded formation dependent on home/away/opposition.

Now the elephant in the room - GroŖ. He runs his socks off every game giving everything. For me, he is simply outstanding but I think he is being asked too much of to either support midfield (most of the time) and support the attack. However, he is so effective in that Ďholeí. So, does he replace Propper in that position as THE attacking midfielder with Propper replacing Stephens? Either way, GroŖ must always start but I do not feel the same way with Propper or Stephens. However, we need Ďbiteí in that central midfield and that is Kayal. This will also help our front pair and (in my opinion) could really scare some (most) of the opposition outside of the top 6.

Anyway, thatís it. In a nutshell, something has to change to convert draws into wins. I do not understand comments of Ďwe are learningí or Ďa point will doí, thatís way too negative. We have a squad of players that can thrive instead of survive. We can definitely be brave and we do look like we belong.

I am not saying we can beat everyone or that we can easily be in the top 10. What I am saying is that we can thrive. That is good for our future.

Just a few thoughts.

Ps, no intent to be needy here
      I like this. I think a 3-5-2 could give us a better chance of staying up than the current set up. Allows us to get Uwe/Goldson, Kayal and Baldock in, which I think we need.
      Last edited by raymondo; 13-01-2018 at 22:01. Reason: I forgot someone...