Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the first time I've seen the problem, CH is bloody terrific but please TB give him a little more ammo. WBA and Udddersfield away showed we are so short. TB, I've every faith in you but have the feeling that this is the pivotal season.... go outside your normal box.
    Relying on a 34 year old striker is just hideous
    UP THE ALBION!!!!!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Call me a bedwetter all you want, but I think this is the point that the wheels have come off. Not just the defeat to a team desperately struggling at the bottom, but such a poor defeat that highlights how we've seriously punched above our weight up to now

0 Not allowed!
      As much as i hate to say this, i cant see us staying up

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion Dan View Post
      We're shockingly bad away and don't win at home. With our run in we effectively need to be safe by end of March. Constant negative CH tactics and p;aying to draw has slowly infested the mentality of the whole team. We can never get enough points like that if we constantly concede corners. Why on earth was a striker not ready to come in at the start of the window? I'm afraid we are down ladies and gentlemen.
      I agree with a lot of your points, but I find it hard to blame CH.

He will never complain or politic (Poyet), but our squad is slow, uncreative, lacks goals and the hype about Dunk/Duffy being top 4 quality was silly hyperbole.

CH simply hasn’t got the tools at this level to eek out anything but 1-0 wins if we’re lucky.

The Board have had since last April to deal with these deficiencies. Hopefully the next few days are very fruitful on transfers in.

4 Not allowed!
      It's official. We are fast becoming last seasons Middlesborough!!!! They were lauded the first half of last year for being defensively tight then just dropped like a stone unable to score. De Ja Vu!

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sdmartin1 View Post
      Lets not overdo it. Loads of wins= 5 wins from 15 games. But yes it has been a depressing day and probably the worst so far this season.
      Well probably 5 from 8. The other 7 are utterly beyond the Albion this season. We have a mountain to climb and no mistake.
      I hope you meet someone your height, so you can see eye to eye with someone as small as you!
      Banned

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      I agree with a lot of your points, but I find it hard to blame CH.

He will never complain or politic (Poyet), but our squad is slow, uncreative, lacks goals and the hype about Dunk/Duffy being top 4 quality was silly hyperbole.

CH simply hasnít got the tools at this level to eek out anything but 1-0 wins if weíre lucky.

The Board have had since last April to deal with these deficiencies. Hopefully the next few days are very fruitful on transfers in.
      Agree, the players couldn't even get the basics right today.
      Members

7 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GloryDays View Post
      Losing away isnít the worst. Anyone thinking we were guarenteed to win today is either arrogant or stupid. A team that survives on scoring from set pieces against a team with a reputation of conceding from them.
      I would be gobsmacked if anyone believed we had a guaranteed win today. It is not the defeat, but the manner of the loss. Losing to two more set pieces, being toothless, not holding the ball, a completely under performing team, we showed nothing, not a thing that would convince us we are anywhere near safety. I still believe we will stay up, but if we play like that a few more times we best get used to being one season wonders.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion Dan View Post
      It's official. We are fast becoming last seasons Middlesborough!!!! They were lauded the first half of last year for being defensively tight then just dropped like a stone unable to score. De Ja Vu!
      True, alas.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Is it a turning point...or a watershed? Maybe we should downgrade it to a juncture.

Onward the transfer window.
      Uncle Ben has died. No more Mr Rice Guy.