Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
AK - dire, Bruno, Bong, Gross all really poor. Shocking team performance , can’t defend, can’t do anything in final third

Pathetic performance and result. With nailed on defeats coming up against Chelsea and Southampton we’ll be deep in the relegation zone by the end of the month.

Nailed defeat against Southampton? Seriously ? They have been pisspoor recently too - then again so were Brom b4 we played them!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Hard to spin any positives from that defeat, it puts us right in the shit now. Its boring constantly repeating the need for some new strikers but its been a requirement for so long now its just ridiculous.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We take too long trying to set up a goal, just shoot.

As soon as Jose went off the pace was gone. We spend forever building up, never a fast break. We need some new plans, its all too easy. Get a corner and you get a goal against us, have a few people in the box and we will never deliver a ball or have a shot.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Still believe there are three teams in this league worse than us, still believe we’ve got a great core to the side. However, I’ve come to realise that, much as we love him, Knocky isn’t PL standard, CH clearly doesn’t rate Baldock, and that we NEED at least one if not two more attacking threats. And, sadly, another RB and LB. Pains me to say it as I love Bruno, but he looked his age today.

The club as a whole need to work harder from today onwards.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20180113-161540.png

What was all this about, involving the ref eventually talking to the managers?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That was rubbish!

Why the hell did Chris take Izquierdo off for the 2nd half. Madness. March nowhere near as good.

And we have to stop playing this predictable game of crossing the ball into the box for Murray when we are up against a big back 4. One man against an army of defenders.

We take so long to attack, giving the opposition an age to organise, and we're shot shy.

Today, we were clueless. Chris has to have a rethink and we simply must strengthen or we will go down. We are now easy to work out.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I do wonder, when they spend 5-10 hours a week training against set pieces whether Bruno is told to stop wrestling his man to the ground and watch the f'kin ball? If so, why does he decide to resort to the aforementioned come game time?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

We cannot defend corners, we keep giving the ball away, giving away cheap free kicks, when in attack poor decision making, poor crosses in the box, poor shooting, not scoring.

Something needs to change and very soon or we'll be relegated.

6 away games in a row without a goal. Most disappointing result of the season.

Hard to disagree with any of that. Knocky completely useless, March nothing, Bruno always a liability, Bong unable to defend headers. Stephens, Gross and Propper too slow to make things happen. Murray offside and Ryan too short to command his area at corners.

Hughton doesn't change anything, we are toothless yet concede too easily.

This will be a struggle unless the club act now to bring new blood in, not just upfront.

I really fear a whimper to the bottom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here