Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
We look fine defensively in open play which is the frustrating thing, these players are more than capable but just seem to turn off whenever a ball is swung into the box.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I believe that I've never disliked anyone connected to football as much as I dislike Pardew, even if he'd never had anything to do with P'arse I'm sure I'd feel the same

For me he ranks joint third, behind Warnock and Pulis, tied with a certain match official and Fat Sam.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I blame hughton for that half. 1 goal in 5 away games without ever looking like scoring and we trudge out the same mediocrity again. It's not even that bad it's just not quite good enough.

Need to gamble , try something different ffs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Kayal was our best player against Palace. Propper is nice, but he and Stephens go missing occasionally. We need some BITE.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Watching on TV we havent played that badly except for their goal whch was awful. I think it was Duffy stood on his own in thw 6ydbox could have turned a full circle with his leg outstretched and wouldnt have touched a player., terrible. Is it time to bring in Goldson for Duffy?

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
I blame hughton for that half. 1 goal in 5 away games without ever looking like scoring and we trudge out the same mediocrity again. It's not even that bad it's just not quite good enough.

Need to gamble , try something different ffs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Maybe we have to accept that the reason Hughton is managing Brighton and not a 'big' side is because this is his level. I hope he can prove us wrong but I'm not convinced.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
First half we had more possession and more shots than them. Not as many on target and none in the net obviously.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
CH has got to try something different if we haven’t scored by 60 mins. Just swapping Hemed for Murray and a winger for a winger is not going to cut it. When was the last time you saw a real tactical change by CH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure he has the players at his disposal to do this

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
This is getting stupid. We don't need a new striker we need defenders who know what to do from corners. We would be so much better off if we didn't conceed from corners.

We'd gotten rather complacent early on about the effectiveness of the team as a defensive unit. We're still conceding far too many 'soft' goals.
But for me, the real issue with our defence, and I include Propper and Stephens in this, is that they contribute so very little to our attacking threat. It's been easy to blame all our problems on the lack of an outstanding striker, but that's far too simplistic. Attack is the best form defence. Players all over the pitch need to be contributing more. Evans scored today- Dunk and Duffy need to be doing the same. Propper and Stephens have offered NO goal threat all season- i'm not looking it up but i doubt there is any team in the league where their first choice CMs haven't scored a single league goal. Similarly, has any other team not had a CB score yet? Not sure. But, as much as our lack of striker, it's this that's the real problem.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Getting spoilt here, they just advertised televising the Brighton v Chelsea game next week.
Early substitution.

larus

If anyone doubted that we are in for a tough second-half of the season they can be under no illusions now. We need to win this so Chris has to do something to shake things up. Kayal and Baldock on after 55min if no success before then.

I tend to be positive, but with our lack of threat up front and the achilles heel of conceding from corners too regularly, I can't see anything other than a tough few months. Now, this may change depending upon our dealings in this window, but look at our bench and where to you really see a genuine threat. Other teams won't be thinking "Oh crap, they're bringing on Baldock/Hemed/March". I'm not saying they're bad players, but we need a decent striker.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We look fine defensively in open play which is the frustrating thing, these players are more than capable but just seem to turn off whenever a ball is swung into the box.

They don't turn off though, they just don't watch the corner, that is the huge problem of which Bruno is 100% guilty, he is more interested in wrestling his man to the ground than defending a set piece.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
March on for Jose

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
They don't turn off though, they just don't watch the corner, that is the huge problem of which Bruno is 100% guilty, he is more interested in wrestling his man to the ground than defending a set piece.

That's what I meant by turning off, they seem to lose all awareness of the game and don't watch the actual set piece taker and the trajectory of the ball

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here