Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 62
  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Brighton / Hove actually
    Posts
    11,221


    0 Not allowed!
    This is pretty daft. A GP won't send a woman for a baby scan when she has just become pregnant, but she can go down to A&E to get them anytime she wants even if she has conceived the day before
    Last edited by symyjym; 13-01-2018 at 15:37.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #42
      Members wellquickwoody's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,512


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Large One View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      In a properly funded and maintained NHS, that wouldn't be a question you'd need to ask.
      Just how do you justify someone (ie any other taxpayer) HAVING to pay for another individuals vanity project? Penis removal, 4th go at IVF etc?
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals
    • #43
      Stupid IDIOT Ernest's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2003
      Location
      LOONEY BIN
      Posts
      38,221


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Just how do you justify someone (ie any other taxpayer) HAVING to pay for another individuals vanity project? Penis removal, 4th go at IVF etc?
      What has it go to do with a TORY troll who lives in Australia
    • #44
      Members wellquickwoody's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,512


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What has it go to do with a TORY troll who lives in Australia
      About as much as it has to do do with a socialist leech who lives in a fairytale Utopia called Jezzaland? Oh, and just to wind you up, I still get a vote for the next 9 years
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals
    • #45
      Its All Too Beautiful Brighton Mod's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      Where the Horse crossed the Bridge
      Posts
      2,592


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      An 18 year old girl died from complications from flu, two people have died on trollish in corridors because there are not enough beds, but you don't want to hear about it.

      I sincerely hope you don't need to use a doctor or hospital in the future, or you might start to have some understanding of the massive problem we have at the moment.
      So, do you have any first hand knowledge of the NHS A&E departments? Are you a cancer patient or do you just judge these issues on what you see in the media?

      So my daughter happens to be an NHS A&E nurse and let me give you a flavour of what they have to deal with:

      A patient presents at A&E with:

      Nurse i've been stung by a wasp in my eye, so which eye is that, err.......... go home
      Nurse I woke up really tied this morning, so why are you here?..... go home
      Nurse I've cut me head, where is that?....... err that 1cm cut ................ go home
      Nurse I've got severe stomach pains, ahhh! I need pain relief, insert a canula, patient disappears with with a line in, drug addict.
      Nurse I'm starving, but I saw you with porridge this morning, yes but no one fed it to me

      It goes on and on, she reckons 60% of those who present should not even be there, yes thats 6%.

      The high pressure on A&E in the last two weeks is due to people not being able to see a GP and so therefore allowing chest infections to grow and eventually having to present to A&E. Many surgeries were closed over the Christmas period.

      I have intense knowledge of cancer care in the NHS and ther is absolutely no issue with getting treated. Reporting a tweet on national news as news itself is is irresponsible and potentially fake news.

      The reporting of the \nhs has been slanted,ill informed at best or a dramatisation. Asking a health professional in the NHS if they would appreciate more money is not news, the answer would be the same anywhere in the world.

      Leave the NHS alone, lets start talking about its world rating, No 1, lets talk about its inovation and its leading position in the use of technology and lets keep the politicians away from it!

      So whtas your knowledge of the NHS?
    • #46

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Mod View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So, do you have any first hand knowledge of the NHS A&E departments? Are you a cancer patient or do you just judge these issues on what you see in the media?

      So my daughter happens to be an NHS A&E nurse and let me give you a flavour of what they have to deal with:

      A patient presents at A&E with:

      Nurse i've been stung by a wasp in my eye, so which eye is that, err.......... go home
      Nurse I woke up really tied this morning, so why are you here?..... go home
      Nurse I've cut me head, where is that?....... err that 1cm cut ................ go home
      Nurse I've got severe stomach pains, ahhh! I need pain relief, insert a canula, patient disappears with with a line in, drug addict.
      Nurse I'm starving, but I saw you with porridge this morning, yes but no one fed it to me

      It goes on and on, she reckons 60% of those who present should not even be there, yes thats 6%.

      The high pressure on A&E in the last two weeks is due to people not being able to see a GP and so therefore allowing chest infections to grow and eventually having to present to A&E. Many surgeries were closed over the Christmas period.

      I have intense knowledge of cancer care in the NHS and ther is absolutely no issue with getting treated. Reporting a tweet on national news as news itself is is irresponsible and potentially fake news.

      The reporting of the \nhs has been slanted,ill informed at best or a dramatisation. Asking a health professional in the NHS if they would appreciate more money is not news, the answer would be the same anywhere in the world.

      Leave the NHS alone, lets start talking about its world rating, No 1, lets talk about its inovation and its leading position in the use of technology and lets keep the politicians away from it!

      So whtas your knowledge of the NHS?
      Thank you for your first hand insight into the difficulties faced by the NHS. Clearly some of the recent problems that have arisen are unacceptable - but it’s interesting to see that the solution partly rests with all of us in making better / more appropriate use of NHS resources and that it’s not just a question of more money. My own personal experience of the NHS has rarely been anything other than excellent.
    • #47

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by KZNSeagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Agreed, but the figures that are presented on the news are pretty meaningless as far as I am concerned. There is huge waste in the NHS but it is also abused and it is the scale of that waste and abuse that I would like to know. For example, we are told that thousands of people were not seen within 4 hours in A&E in the last few weeks. Are those all genuine A&E cases? How many of the cases seen in A&E in the last few weeks could have and should have been handled elsewhere? Are stats even kept on these things? I would also like to see similar stats on ambulance call outs on the news.

      I could go on but the point I am trying to make is that some onus should somehow be subtly put back onto the general public to use the NHS sensibly.
      Picking up on your very valid points - My GP tells me that that the NHS is guilty of terrible wastage, as does the pharmacist when I pick up medicine for my elderly mum. When I was in A&E with a suspected DVT, and after apologising for taking up their time when they were clearly so busy, I can still picture the nurse saying to me " I don't mind you being here, you are ill." And my sister-in-law works in Durham with a section checking on fraud with regard to those who claim free prescriptions when not entitled, and they pride themselves on having saved the NHS millions.

      The NHS was set up post war with the very best of intentions, but I do think that a debate is needed as to what system should be adopted in the future. Sadly the politics will always take over - last week on Sky News, the shadow health secretary was asked whether he supported this very debate - absolutely, he proclaimed, as long as it is free at the point of entry and funded by general taxation.
    • #48
      We wunt be druv ManOfSussex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      Rape of Hastings
      Posts
      8,510


      0 Not allowed!
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
    • #49
      Its All Too Beautiful Brighton Mod's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      Where the Horse crossed the Bridge
      Posts
      2,592


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by KZNSeagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Agreed, but the figures that are presented on the news are pretty meaningless as far as I am concerned. There is huge waste in the NHS but it is also abused and it is the scale of that waste and abuse that I would like to know. For example, we are told that thousands of people were not seen within 4 hours in A&E in the last few weeks. Are those all genuine A&E cases? How many of the cases seen in A&E in the last few weeks could have and should have been handled elsewhere? Are stats even kept on these things? I would also like to see similar stats on ambulance call outs on the news.

      I could go on but the point I am trying to make is that some onus should somehow be subtly put back onto the general public to use the NHS sensibly.
      Just to support your point about a percentage not being seem within 4 hours. We are led to belief by the media that these are heart attacks, stroke, car crash or seriously injured when they are in effect, those who are not considered emergency cases by the emergency department and triaged down the scale. On a recent mayor emergency in A&E, the head consultant went to the A&E waiting area and said its going to be a minimum six hour wait because we have amajor emergency, everyone left except two people. The NHS know that to see 80% of those who present within four hours is actually quite good given the number those who should not be there.
    • #50
      We wunt be druv ManOfSussex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      Rape of Hastings
      Posts
      8,510


      0 Not allowed!
      ****ing Tories........................ .........
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •