Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62
  1. #21

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    An 18 year old girl died from complications from flu, two people have died on trollish in corridors because there are not enough beds, but you don't want to hear about it.

    I sincerely hope you don't need to use a doctor or hospital in the future, or you might start to have some understanding of the massive problem we have at the moment.

    I think what people donít want to hear about is the constant stream of human interest stories about the NHS, they would rather understand more specific facts about the problems and proposed solutions.

    I suspect for many people, they will consider that the NHS is now operating way beyond its original post Bevridge Report obligations, and itís time the was a review on what it should do for free.

    Cosmetic treatments, IVF, gender reassignment surgery are just some of the no doubt numerous non-life threatening treatments they carry out. If we are truly at crisis point the NHS will need to cut its cloth accordingly, it doesnít always need to be more taxpayers money.

    The narrative on the news is just about a lack of money, many people support the concept of the NHS but are mature enough to know simply pouring billions of pounds into it will not solve its problems.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22
      Members Chicken Run's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West Hove
      Posts
      7,809

      BBC Ten o'clock News tonight


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cunning fergus View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think what people donít want to hear about is the constant stream of human interest stories about the NHS, they would rather understand more specific facts about the problems and proposed solutions.

      I suspect for many people, they will consider that the NHS is now operating way beyond its original post Bevridge Report obligations, and itís time the was a review on what it should do for free.

      Cosmetic treatments, IVF, gender reassignment surgery are just some of the no doubt numerous non-life threatening treatments they carry out. If we are truly at crisis point the NHS will need to cut its cloth accordingly, it doesnít always need to be more taxpayers money.

      The narrative on the news is just about a lack of money, many people support the concept of the NHS but are mature enough to know simply pouring billions of pounds into it will not solve its problems.
      Totally agree, if they stopped today every cosmetic surgery procedure I wonder how much each trust would save each year?

      #taxpayersmoneytosavelivesnotv anity
    • #23
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      portslade
      Posts
      12,164


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wrong-Direction View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's important people don't forget about it because once it's gone, it's gone .

      Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      What the news
      portslade seagull..brighton till i die
    • #24
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      39,271


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cunning fergus View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think what people don’t want to hear about is the constant stream of human interest stories about the NHS, they would rather understand more specific facts about the problems and proposed solutions.

      I suspect for many people, they will consider that the NHS is now operating way beyond its original post Bevridge Report obligations, and it’s time the was a review on what it should do for free.

      Cosmetic treatments, IVF, gender reassignment surgery are just some of the no doubt numerous non-life threatening treatments they carry out. If we are truly at crisis point the NHS will need to cut its cloth accordingly, it doesn’t always need to be more taxpayers money.

      The narrative on the news is just about a lack of money, many people support the concept of the NHS but are mature enough to know simply pouring billions of pounds into it will not solve its problems.
      I agree with most of what you say, as there's terrible waste in the NHS, but the news job is to present news.
      It's up to the press/ Panorama to do more investigative reporting.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
    • #25
      Members sir albion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      SWINDON
      Posts
      12,897


      4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by goldstone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What a relief. A news bulletin containing real news, interesting news, without the usual BBC/British obsession about the NHS. For days and weeks it's been NHS this and NHS that as though nothing else of importance is happening in the country or the world. Every country has to deal with flu outbreaks, with hospital overcrowding, with increasingly elderly populations ... but do they all give their health service problems headline news coverage day after day after day. I don't believe so. This country is obsessed by the NHS. There is other news. Please lets hear some of it.
      It's mismanaged more than anything....
      You get full time staff and avoid agencies and things will improve and also these consultancy fees are ridiculous.The sad thing is the wages is embarrassing for the work and studying you do and this needs to be addressed.

      The pharmaceutical companies have been taking the piss out of the NHS and it should not be abused the way it is to be frank.Its a giant cash cow in many aspects and needs a complete overhaul.
      UP THE ALBION!!!!!
    • #26
      Members dejavuatbtn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      2,502


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Totally agree, if they stopped today every cosmetic surgery procedure I wonder how much each trust would save each year?

      #taxpayersmoneytosavelivesnotv anity
      Whilst there is still a requirement for SOME cosmetic surgery, I agree that you can generally add this to the reasons why the NHS is no longer able to manage increases in population, inflation, increase in operable/manageable conditions, research, replacement of equipment/outdated hospitals & surgeries, pharmaceutical companies hiking the cost of drugs beyond their "research costs". The NHS is still seen by many (suppliers and patients) as a great big gravy train. As usual, the minority cases are costing the majority of budget.
      There are thousands of dedicated staff out there trying to stick it together with sellotape and string. The whole thing needs a complete review and get costs and priorities sorted out.
    • #27
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Faversham
      Posts
      9,926


      4 Not allowed!
      I am down for arthroscopy at the end of the month. I was supposed to get the pre-op tests done yesterday (blood pressure etc). Cancelled - because they have lost my f ucking notes. Rather than use my computer records, they still keep a blue folder of paper records. And they have lost it. It is against 'policy' to do the pre-op tests without the notes. So I am stuck in limbo (and limping). This is one of the big teaching hospitals in London. They have escalated my case up to 'the top', although this I think is because they think I am a consultant (they saw I am a 'doctor' and work at their hospital, and that I am old, and put two and two and two together and got 42). When I left ysterday the senior administrator said 'we will sort this out quickly because you are important'. I said almost by reflex 'we are all important'......What a shambles.

      As for the OP's drivel, there is no other NHS in the world like ours, so its continued decline is news. If I were a conservative I would share the views of conservatives pre NHS; a nationalised health service is an absurd communist enterprise, and if people want to buy health care the should use their money to do so. The probem is that there are elements in the modern conservative party who have and never will believe in the NHS, and want to see it destroyed. This is extremely easy to do; bring in a market model, and populate the place with administrators who spend most of their time keeping records of their quest to outsource services. Sadly Mr Tony colluded with this; his biggest mistake after introducing state funding and tax breaks for all 'faith' schools including sectarian racist sexist terrorist academies.

      Who will save the NHS? Free market, religious 'socialists' like MR Tony, or modern conservative supporters of a communist health service....our politics has now become so degenerate one could almost imagine a homophobic Christian becoming leader of the Liberals. Oh......

      (I guess Corbyn will be properly socialist and throw money at th NHS if he gets in - but will he dismantle the 'internal market' and the rest of the architecture that has grown like the scaffolding on the Gaudi cathedral over the last 30 years? I doubt it).
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

      Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
    • #28
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      16,648


      0 Not allowed!
      The NHS is like one of those old fashioned types (post WW2) that just get on with the job in hand and never moan.
      It's easy to pick holes in something that won't defend itself, because people just do that and it's the easy option.
      I think it's called bullying!
      Ever since I was a young boy, I've played the silver ball.
      From Soho down to Brighton, I must have played them all.
    • #29
      Members KZNSeagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      Wolsingham, County Durham
      Posts
      12,499


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I agree with most of what you say, as there's terrible waste in the NHS, but the news job is to present news.
      It's up to the press/ Panorama to do more investigative reporting.
      Agreed, but the figures that are presented on the news are pretty meaningless as far as I am concerned. There is huge waste in the NHS but it is also abused and it is the scale of that waste and abuse that I would like to know. For example, we are told that thousands of people were not seen within 4 hours in A&E in the last few weeks. Are those all genuine A&E cases? How many of the cases seen in A&E in the last few weeks could have and should have been handled elsewhere? Are stats even kept on these things? I would also like to see similar stats on ambulance call outs on the news.

      I could go on but the point I am trying to make is that some onus should somehow be subtly put back onto the general public to use the NHS sensibly.
      Sanibona!!
    • #30
      Members wellquickwoody's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,512


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      An 18 year old girl died from complications from flu, two people have died on trollish in corridors because there are not enough beds, but you don't want to hear about it.

      I sincerely hope you don't need to use a doctor or hospital in the future, or you might start to have some understanding of the massive problem we have at the moment.
      Each individual you mention incurs others who are grieving, are heartbroken, and are looking for answers (bollocks term).

      Do you realise just how many people die every day? No, nor do I. Not without Googling it anyway. You bring up three deaths, each is sad to the people involved. But in the big scheme of things three deaths are not important.

      Awaits flaming from snowflakes, broflakes and the forever offended.
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •