Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

BBC Ten o'clock News tonight

0 Not allowed!
    What a relief. A news bulletin containing real news, interesting news, without the usual BBC/British obsession about the NHS. For days and weeks it's been NHS this and NHS that as though nothing else of importance is happening in the country or the world. Every country has to deal with flu outbreaks, with hospital overcrowding, with increasingly elderly populations ... but do they all give their health service problems headline news coverage day after day after day. I don't believe so. This country is obsessed by the NHS. There is other news. Please lets hear some of it.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

15 Not allowed!
      It's important people don't forget about it because once it's gone, it's gone .

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      Nibble@Wrong-Direction is one of the biggest idiots on this board.

13 Not allowed!
      You’re fed up of all the talk about the NHS, so you start a thread about...
      Happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have

9 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by goldstone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What a relief. A news bulletin containing real news, interesting news, without the usual BBC/British obsession about the NHS. For days and weeks it's been NHS this and NHS that as though nothing else of importance is happening in the country or the world. Every country has to deal with flu outbreaks, with hospital overcrowding, with increasingly elderly populations ... but do they all give their health service problems headline news coverage day after day after day. I don't believe so. This country is obsessed by the NHS. There is other news. Please lets hear some of it.
      Don't get old or pick up a serious condition, because then you will find out why people are obsessed by the NHS.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015
      Minister of Information

9 Not allowed!
      I was thinking the NHS was pretty important. Especially at this time of year.

Better than talking about that impotent prune across the pond.
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      ....and you seem to be hanging around these politics threads for an unhealthy amount of time...

14 Not allowed!
      As we’re talking about the NHS, it would appear that the government is letting it fail so more and more of it can be handed over to the private sector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Quinney View Post
      As we’re talking about the NHS, it would appear that the government is letting it fail so more and more of it can be handed over to the private sector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
      If the government lets the NHS fail it will cease to be the government.

3 Not allowed!
      Really? All they talked about was Trump calling countries shitholes. How is that real news?

Only blessing is they didn’t mention Brexit once.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      One of the complaints about the BBC is that they often run stories about politicians, ones that are of very little interest to the general public outside the Westminster bubble. Journalists, the complaint goes, (and there's some justification for it) should be covering stories that are of real interest to the population as a whole, things that people are talking about.

So, when the BBC does do this, people are still moaning ...
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

1 Not allowed!
      They did mention a doctor who branded his patients livers with his initials.....does that count as the obligatory NHS news?
      The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....