[Albion] "West Brom, without a win in their last 20 Premier League games"

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
And to think I was looking forward to my visit to "Peaky Blinders Land"

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Bad teams don't all of a sudden become good teams. . Those stats are not false stats. They are in a mess

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At the end of this round of fixtures, we're one of 6 teams who can end up in 18th (7 Inc Stoke).
We could end up in 10th but obviously that was before this thread.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I love Chris Hughton. But these are the sorts of games where I wish we could swap him out for a more gung ho manager. Only for these sorts of games though.

My worry is he'll treat them with too much respect and we'll end up drawing a game we really really should've won.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Doh. Was looking forward to being 10 points clear of West Brom ( and maybe Swansea ).

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Normally I'd be worried about a stat like that. But Pardew was a big loser against us at Reading, Southampton and Newcastle, despite being at clubs with bigger resources than us at each time. He is an overrated manager who will take West Brom down. This is one of the few occasions where I'm not too concerned and am confident we can secure a double over West Brom, if not then at least a draw.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I love Chris Hughton. But these are the sorts of games where I wish we could swap him out for a more gung ho manager. Only for these sorts of games though.

My worry is he'll treat them with too much respect and we'll end up drawing a game we really really should've won.

Tend to agree, CH would be delighted with a 0-0.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Derby hold the record at 32 unfinished.

Baggies are at least as bad/good as the other 13 on their home ground? Must win game for them. Certainly a must not lose.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
Absolute West Brom BANKER.

We are EXPERTS at breaking these type of runs, always have been. I can remember us rocking up at Birmingham a couple of seasons back when they hadn't won at home for almost two seasons. The inevitable happened. Did the same at Coventry the year they went down as well - no wins since Philip Schofield had dark hair, and they proceeded to turn us over.

It might even be a West Midlands thing. Which bodes well.

Pretty sure we did the same thing in that half season we had with Hughton before he turned things around, at Wigan, don't think they'd won since August till we turned up at the end of April and smashed that stat.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Alan Pardew has 6 wins in his last 44 league games.

:whistle:

WeeGrayBengaltiger-small.gif

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can't afford to lose this one IMO.

If they do beat us, they have a chance of going above us a week from now as, when we face Chelsea, they are playing Everton.

So, a side that has not won in 20 (twenty) league games could be above us in a little over a week.

It's unlikely, I fully appreciate, but it illustrates just how tight the bottom half of the table is.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I find the tightness of the bottom really adds to the excitement.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Striker deadline gone .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here