Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kayal or Propper Vs West Brom?

Your midfield to face West Brom

• Stephens and Propper

Votes: 99 43.4%
  • Stephens and Kayal

Votes: 92 40.4%
  • Kayal and Propper

Votes: 37 16.2%

• Total voters

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I’d like to see Kayal and Stephens, but that would be a little too adventurous for our chris. Let’s face it, Beram might get the last ten minutes, but only if we’re two nil down.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Kayal all day long for me. Offers something different and moves the ball much quicker than propper. He is the type of blood and thunder player that could unsettle a ploddy west Brom midfield

How did we do, with Stephens and Pröpper, last time we played West Brom's ploddy midfield?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How did we do, with Stephens and Pröpper, last time we played West Brom's ploddy midfield?

In fairness The Dwaynester was very keen on signing Defoe to a £100k a week contract and dropping Ryan because he's clearly not a goalkeeper.
So with that acumen in mind I doubt any harm would come from dropping Propper.

Nope I just can't leave that there.
I was adamant the club needed to sign an experienced PL centre back to help D & D acclimatize to the division
. :shrug: :facepalm:

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m team Kayal. Pröpper can have a go at the number 10 role that he plays for Holland once Groß is knackered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Given Proppers success with the Dutch side further up the pitch, I’d play him there and put Kayal in midfield with Stephens.

Still not entirely sure about Gross but his scoring record is decent so would play him and drop a winger. Our full backs are decent crossers and can get forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
In fairness The Dwaynester was very keen on signing Defoe to a £100k a week contract and dropping Ryan because he's clearly not a goalkeeper.
So with that acumen in mind I doubt any harm would come from dropping Propper.

Nope I just can't leave that there.
I was adamant the club needed to sign an experienced PL centre back to help D & D acclimatize to the division
. :shrug: :facepalm:
I can't remember saying that we should spend 100k a week on Defoe? Although I did say he would be a good signing. I got Ryan wrong. I was one of proppers supporters early on when everyone was writing him off and I still think he's great.

However I do recognise that we need to to switch things up to start winning games again! We can't keep drawing games, surely we have to start taking risks at some point.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
CH will stick with DS and DP for now.......but great to have BK back to what looks like his best. Would like at some point to see DS/BK in centre mid with Davy in front of them - most likely to happen as a sub for Gross art some point perhaps. Great for CH to now have some really good options - DS and DP have done pretty bloody well considering and we've been hugely fortunate neither have been injured or suspended.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Maybe its just me, but I just don't see what Propper gives the team.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Maybe its just me, but I just don't see what Propper gives the team.

Same as it ever was. 2 people can stand watching the same game in the same place and one person's motm will be another's dreadful game.

Ryan, Propper, Stephens and Dunk have not missed a Premier League minute this season. There are only 17 players in total who that applies to, and 9 are goalkeepers. Tells you where Hughton is on what Propper gives to the team.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Same as it ever was. 2 people can stand watching the same game in the same place and one person's motm will be another's dreadful game.

Ryan, Propper, Stephens and Dunk have not missed a Premier League minute this season. There are only 17 players in total who that applies to, and 9 are goalkeepers. Tells you where Hughton is on what Propper gives to the team.

Or it could tell us that we've had no other central midfielders available for most of the season to date.

(I'm playing devil's advocate there - I agree with you)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

In part, yes......but also points to the fact he had no options with Kayal and Sidwell injured.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't remember saying that we should spend 100k a week on Defoe? Although I did say he would be a good signing. I got Ryan wrong. I was one of proppers supporters early on when everyone was writing him off and I still think he's great.

However I do recognise that we need to to switch things up to start winning games again! We can't keep drawing games, surely we have to start taking risks at some point.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
This is CH we're talking about here, I wouldn't hold your breath.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

Or his options are limited

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here