Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Javier Hernandez

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Penalty-area predator. The difficulty is that we get the ball into the box less often than any other team in the division.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
When I find myself in times of trouble Chicharito scores for me, Javier Hernandez, Little P

(To the tune of Let it Be)

Is that a crodonilson original? Cos that is impressive

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Penalty-area predator. The difficulty is that we get the ball into the box less often than any other team in the division.

Tend to disagree with that. Stats might say differently, but the Utd game in particular Knockaert and March got the by line numerous times but Murray couldn't quite get on the end. Someone with a yard of pace would have done.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Tend to disagree with that. Stats might say differently, but the Utd game in particular Knockaert and March got the by line numerous times but Murray couldn't quite get on the end. Someone with a yard of pace would have done.

And Burnley home. Murray are Hemed have done okay, but pace is neither’s strong point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A £120k per week striker well past his best? I wouldn't be surprised to hear that plucky little Bournemouth have already agreed a deal.

I'm with Moyes, by the way - he's worth nothing like that. Good enough to lead the line at a bottom 13 Premier League club, certainly - just not at that price. Not good enough to justify that chunk of the playing budget.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Not worth £130k a week, half that at most. And, only if he agreed to have his surname on the back of his shirt not his nickname.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
I think we can afford his wages, however I am pretty sure Dunk, Duffy and maybe Stephens all have a clause that they receive a pay rise if someone is brought in on a higher salary.

As a result of this it would cost us an absolute fortune to sign Hernandez on his current wages.

This is all speculation mind, I just find it strange that Dunk and Duffy signed another deal within weeks of the previous contracts following the arrival of a new recruit... or it may of been when Stephens got his new deal Dunk and Duffy got a pay rise to match.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Can't play up top on his own are my initial thoughts before thinking that he earns at least twice out top earner... its a no thanks from me

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Can't play up top on his own are my initial thoughts before I though that he earns at least twice out top earner... its a no thanks from me

Yes agreed. As good as he is it’s not someone that would remotely suit how we play.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At 29 Hernandez has done it all, made his fortune and is a legend in Mexico, so it's really a case of what does he want to do.

I think he'd be a super player to have - great anticipation, good finisher, intelligent so should have a long career, but as has been stated the wages would be a problem.

West Ham was the wrong career option for him as they never had the creative players to supply him. I could see him going to Spurs / Chelsea as a bench player, or back to Spain for someone like Sevilla or Valencia.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I think he has looked poor this season and from the number of times i’ve watched him on tv (plus when we played them) he has been embarrassing at diving and going to ground far too easily with the slightest contact. So on that basis he’s not worth the wages so it’s a no from me.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
No. Javier Hernandez is excellent at what he does, but what he does does not suit our style in any way, shape or form. And at that money and with his age, I just do not see it happening at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here