Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    28 goals for Leverkusen in 54 appearances last season says he would be comfortably good enough for us.

£130k a week wages says we won't be in for him.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Not worth £130k a week, half that at most. And, only if he agreed to have his surname on the back of his shirt not his nickname.

2 Not allowed!
      I would hope that it's a long time before we pay anyone £130k a week and if that means relegation then so be it.

0 Not allowed!
      I think we can afford his wages, however I am pretty sure Dunk, Duffy and maybe Stephens all have a clause that they receive a pay rise if someone is brought in on a higher salary.

As a result of this it would cost us an absolute fortune to sign Hernandez on his current wages.

This is all speculation mind, I just find it strange that Dunk and Duffy signed another deal within weeks of the previous contracts following the arrival of a new recruit... or it may of been when Stephens got his new deal Dunk and Duffy got a pay rise to match.

0 Not allowed!
      Can't play up top on his own are my initial thoughts before thinking that he earns at least twice out top earner... its a no thanks from me
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Can't play up top on his own are my initial thoughts before I though that he earns at least twice out top earner... its a no thanks from me
      Yes agreed. As good as he is it’s not someone that would remotely suit how we play.
      Well the thirty minutes are almost up Swindon fans but your not there yet. in it goes (yyyyyyeeeessssssss) ooohhh its gone in, Brighton in added on time have snatched a goal through Virgo!!! Incredible!! Once again there is late, late, late drama in the playoffs!!

Unused substitute REMF 5.

Proud owner of Hendersons Gloves from 18/10/2005. Crystal Palace 0-1 Brighton And Hove Albion

0 Not allowed!
      Rather SING Andy Carroll then that pipsqueak

0 Not allowed!
      At 29 Hernandez has done it all, made his fortune and is a legend in Mexico, so it's really a case of what does he want to do.

I think he'd be a super player to have - great anticipation, good finisher, intelligent so should have a long career, but as has been stated the wages would be a problem.

West Ham was the wrong career option for him as they never had the creative players to supply him. I could see him going to Spurs / Chelsea as a bench player, or back to Spain for someone like Sevilla or Valencia.
      "Intercluderent aut mori"

1 Not allowed!
      I think he has looked poor this season and from the number of times i’ve watched him on tv (plus when we played them) he has been embarrassing at diving and going to ground far too easily with the slightest contact. So on that basis he’s not worth the wages so it’s a no from me.
      "It's better to be a 'has been' than a never will be !"

0 Not allowed!
      No. Javier Hernandez is excellent at what he does, but what he does does not suit our style in any way, shape or form. And at that money and with his age, I just do not see it happening at all.