Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for WBA.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Took me a while but I think what he means is only play with 1 winger who roams around. When he is on the right, the LB pushes up and vice versa. Don't think this tactic has ever existed

That is right for AK to attack which ever full back he choses as it seems that 2 wide men havent worked so just having the one would give us more men in the danger area the 6yd box.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Thats a shame because they were so heavily marked, they were never going to have space to charge into. Palace knew that was our threat, that we wouldn't come through the middle, and they focused on those two. It meant they hardly every got the ball in any kind of space, and I thought despite that they were very strong and tidy in possession. Izquierdo in particular showed exceptional close ball control and worked well with Bong to move the ball around under such strong attention. I had no problem with either of them and admired their hard work in difficult match play
I hadn't thought about it but presumably you are right as Stephens went through the middle for his goal.

Good spot.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Took me a while but I think what he means is only play with 1 winger who roams around. When he is on the right, the LB pushes up and vice versa. Don't think this tactic has ever existed

Does that matter there has to be a first for everything as with Alf Ramsay and the wing backs.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm getting very close to calling Schelotto first choice at right back. I don't know how much longer we can accept Bruno failing to win headers, being out-muscled in the box at set-pieces and being skinned now and again by quick wingers. He's so wonderful going forward, amazing touch and confidence on the ball, but its getting harder to ignore the issues at the back
Just a thought. Bruno is still wonderful going forward, and it seems that for whatever reason neither Knocky or Solly are firing on all cylinders at the moment - tiredness, maybe? - so it might be a good time to play Bruno on the right in front of Schelotto for a couple of games; either Knocky or Solly could then burst into the action on 70-75 minutes as a substitute, and a rest might recharge their batteries a bit.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Centre forward, inside left, inside right, outside left, outside right, centre midfielder, left midfielder, right mid fielder, Duffy, dunk and Ryan! That should do it!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here