Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Alex Pritchard, etc

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
He's a young , potentially impressive player, but he has little Premier league experience, he's expensive, and he's just come back from after months out from a bad injury.
Hudds , like us, still need to have a massively impressive 2nd half of the season to stay up. Its a massive gamble but good luck to em.

Absolutely. The #10 position has been open for us all season, especially after Kasey Palmer picked up his injury. To remedy this we've been playing Ince there, out of position. This signing means that we finally have some quality linking up Mooy and the strikers, and Ince can play out on the right. Obviously all this is on paper, but it is the perfect signing for us.

Comparing who would get in each others teams is a nonesense, we each have strengths and weaknesses. The number 10 role was our key weakness, and we've addressed it, which is the whole point of the January window.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He would be a bench player for us.

Yes at first he would be (hypothetically). But with Brown gone , we could do with another #10 option/cover. Gross could easily get injured, lose form. (Izquierdo doesn't work there, Baldock is a different kind of player, Propper has played there but he's out of position and leaves a thin midfield even thinner)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who would you drop from our current starting 11 to make way for him?

Good question. Propper, Stephens Kayal or Gross?

He's a young , potentially impressive player, but he has little Premier league experience, he's expensive, and he's just come back from after months out from a bad injury.
Hudds , like us, still need to have a massively impressive 2nd half of the season to stay up. Its a massive gamble but good luck to em.

That's my way of thinking.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can understand Huddersfield going for him as he is potentially better than what they have but in our case £12m for a back up players is a lot of money that I wouldnt want to spend.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Both Pritchard and Sakho are players that wouldn't improve on our first eleven. Full confidence in Winstanley, Hughton, Barber and Bloom to deliver the striker we need in this window.

Out of interest why do you have that confidence given they failed with a significantly longer timeline and a less heated market?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Out of interest why do you have that confidence given they failed with a significantly longer timeline and a less heated market?

Because the Albion quartet always seek VALUE. Staying up is less important, as long as we've obtained VALUE.

Clubs such as Palace, West Ham and Hudd who are hell bent on spending significantly on players in recent windows will become insolvent and/or under FFP measures. Leaving TB having the last laugh.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Because the Albion quartet always seek VALUE. Staying up is less important, as long as we've obtained VALUE.

Clubs such as Palace, West Ham and Hudd who are hell bent on spending significantly on players in recent windows will become insolvent and/or under FFP measures. Leaving TB having the last laugh.
You really are a complete tool.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

You REALLY think staying up is not that important... try running that one by your 4 heroes... yes, spending wisely is important, but there are a whole range of positions to take between going for broke, and not spending a penny... however, I do have faith that we will, finally, get the balance right, and that means spending big on a quality striker.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You REALLY think staying up is not that important... try running that one by your 4 heroes... yes, spending wisely is important, but there are a whole range of positions to take between going for broke, and not spending a penny... however, I do have faith that we will, finally, get the balance right, and that means spending big on a quality striker.

I was being sarcastic. I've been impressed with Hudd's squad building since last May. I could be wrong, but I expect they'll stay up as direct result.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The constant slagging off of the club has become tiresome and I snapped, sorry.

No problem. I could have risen to the challenge, but it's Friday :) and I will surprise you by saying I think the club will stay up (but they really must acquire a quality striker with pace in this window IMO).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Pritchard would not get in our 1st XI, he is not better than Stephens, Propper or Gross. Huddersfield are welcome to the blonde midget prick.

What we and other sides in our position need are decent 1st XI players. Who cares about squad players?

Disagree. At the away game at Norwich end of last season he was outstanding, despite the constant stick we game him.

I'd put in front of Gross as an attacking midfielder.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
People are rightfully very frustrated.
If you're "very frustrated" with the state of the club then I would suggest that you have a very low frustration level or a very short memory. Or both.

I'm "rightfully very frustrated" with the constant bitching and moaning from some people when we're holding our own in the Premier League and we just knocked Palace out of the cup.

Yes we need to sign some players but if we do or if we don't then there's no guarantee that we will or won't stay up.

Pritchard definitely isn't the answer anyway.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If you're "very frustrated" with the state of the club then I would suggest that you have a very low frustration level or a very short memory. Or both.

I'm "rightfully very frustrated" with the constant bitching and moaning from some people when we're holding our own in the Premier League and we just knocked Palace out of the cup.

Yes we need to sign some players but if we do or if we don't then there's no guarantee that we will or won't stay up.

Pritchard definitely isn't the answer anyway.

See this is the issue, I am delighted with our current position, I am delighted with being in the top flight. I am pretty happy we convincingly knocked out Palace and I am well pleased that the signings we have made for the most part have been very good.

I am also very frustrated that you, me, 30,000 fans in the AMEX and the overwhelming majority of BHA fans can see that we need to sign a striker and we haven't. I'm frustrated because we knew this was a key position to recruit in for some time, and we have been confronted with a lot of substandard excuses and no striker. I am frustrated when I am told that clubs don't sign good players early in the window and teams are signing what look like good players in the first 10 days of the window. I am frustrated that we have another bite at the very obvious cherry to sign a striker and as of yet we haven't. We have had EIGHT months from a position of strength to bring in a striker and we haven't. That causes frustration. I will still be tuning in tomorrow and cheering the team on, I will still love every minute we play in the PL, but it won't stop me being frustrated at not signing a striker. It's possible to feel multiple emotions.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Disagree. At the away game at Norwich end of last season he was outstanding, despite the constant stick we game him.

I'd put in front of Gross as an attacking midfielder.

Agree he was good that day and I like him as a player and he would give us a different option at number 10 but I’m not sure he would improve the 1st 11 in front of Gross. Gross has shown he is quality in the role. 5 assists which is level or more than any oother player in the bottom 12 and has created more chances than any player outside the top 6 clubs bar Mahrez. Not sure Pritchard could come in and do that. I could be wrong as he’s never really had a chance at the top level but his stats in the championship over the past 2 years are no better although injuries and Alex Neil should be taken in to account. Personally think Norwich have done well to get a potential £6 million profit on the player.
That said I still wouldn’t mind him in the Albion squad and he would defiantly improve that

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are we looking to upgrade the squad or the first XI? I think it should be the first XI as this will automatically up grade the squad with existing 1st team players becoming part of the squad. So it has to be signing players to go straight into the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here