Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast
    That Huddersfield Tosser

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's a young , potentially impressive player, but he has little Premier league experience, he's expensive, and he's just come back from after months out from a bad injury.
    Hudds , like us, still need to have a massively impressive 2nd half of the season to stay up. Its a massive gamble but good luck to em.
    Absolutely. The #10 position has been open for us all season, especially after Kasey Palmer picked up his injury. To remedy this we've been playing Ince there, out of position. This signing means that we finally have some quality linking up Mooy and the strikers, and Ince can play out on the right. Obviously all this is on paper, but it is the perfect signing for us.

Comparing who would get in each others teams is a nonesense, we each have strengths and weaknesses. The number 10 role was our key weakness, and we've addressed it, which is the whole point of the January window.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by James Bond's body double View Post
      He would be a bench player for us.
      Yes at first he would be (hypothetically). But with Brown gone , we could do with another #10 option/cover. Gross could easily get injured, lose form. (Izquierdo doesn't work there, Baldock is a different kind of player, Propper has played there but he's out of position and leaves a thin midfield even thinner)

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brian Munich View Post
      Who would you drop from our current starting 11 to make way for him?
      Good question. Propper, Stephens Kayal or Gross?

Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      He's a young , potentially impressive player, but he has little Premier league experience, he's expensive, and he's just come back from after months out from a bad injury.
      Hudds , like us, still need to have a massively impressive 2nd half of the season to stay up. Its a massive gamble but good luck to em.
      That's my way of thinking.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I can understand Huddersfield going for him as he is potentially better than what they have but in our case £12m for a back up players is a lot of money that I wouldnt want to spend.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lurchy View Post
      Both Pritchard and Sakho are players that wouldn't improve on our first eleven. Full confidence in Winstanley, Hughton, Barber and Bloom to deliver the striker we need in this window.
      Out of interest why do you have that confidence given they failed with a significantly longer timeline and a less heated market?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Viper View Post
      Out of interest why do you have that confidence given they failed with a significantly longer timeline and a less heated market?
      Because the Albion quartet always seek VALUE. Staying up is less important, as long as we've obtained VALUE.

Clubs such as Palace, West Ham and Hudd who are hell bent on spending significantly on players in recent windows will become insolvent and/or under FFP measures. Leaving TB having the last laugh.
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      Because the Albion quartet always seek VALUE. Staying up is less important, as long as we've obtained VALUE.

Clubs such as Palace, West Ham and Hudd who are hell bent on spending significantly on players in recent windows will become insolvent and/or under FFP measures. Leaving TB having the last laugh.
      You really are a complete tool.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      You really are a complete tool.
      I don't mind your own posts.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post

You REALLY think staying up is not that important... try running that one by your 4 heroes... yes, spending wisely is important, but there are a whole range of positions to take between going for broke, and not spending a penny... however, I do have faith that we will, finally, get the balance right, and that means spending big on a quality striker.
      SockMonster Quote: “I agree with BW… I always agree with BW. He is the font of all knowledge.”

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by B.W. View Post
      You REALLY think staying up is not that important... try running that one by your 4 heroes... yes, spending wisely is important, but there are a whole range of positions to take between going for broke, and not spending a penny... however, I do have faith that we will, finally, get the balance right, and that means spending big on a quality striker.
      I was being sarcastic. I've been impressed with Hudd's squad building since last May. I could be wrong, but I expect they'll stay up as direct result.