Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 81
  1. #61
    Steve Foster (my Lord)
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    453


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight_rendezvous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You said:

    ‘I think they are all too PC and scared to say what they really think because
    these days if you say the wrong thing you will be politically executed’

    To me that implies that you think that not saying things that are deemed as racist, sexist etc is ‘all too PC’ and not just being racist or sexist et al. That’s how I read it anyway. All I’ve asked is for clarification. I’m not accusing you of anything.
    I think everyone else's gets the very simple thing I said.It's just you who is struggling.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #62
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      at home
      Posts
      40,397


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brovion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Agreed. Also (without wishing to open another can of worms about biblical interpretation) being a Christian does not mean you have to oppose gay sex as Jesus himself never condemned homosexuality. It was Paul (a fanatical convert) and Leviticus (a complete madman who was also opposed to tattoos and eating shelfish) who spoke against it.
      Leviticus of Borg was a right whatsit!
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
    • #63
      Members Simster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Surrey
      Posts
      45,481


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think everyone else's gets the very simple thing I said.It's just you who is struggling.
      No, it really isn't.

      Your modus operandi appears to be to only half-explain some laughable positions, fail to clarify what you mean, and then accuse others of being stupid. Perhaps it's you? Or alternatively, you could try explaining yourself properly?
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
    • #64
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      37,115


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Wish I'd known that when I had a long argument with my wife's aunt at New Year after I took exception to her calling gay people sinners. Filed for future reference
      Whilst filing it away, please note the book of Leviticus was written by Moses.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
    • #65
      Members Kalimantan Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Central Borneo / the Lizard
      Posts
      7,036


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Whilst filing it away, please note the book of Leviticus was written by Moses.
      Is that good?
    • #66
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      37,115


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Is that good?
      It's neither good nor bad. It's accepted the first five books of the bible were written by Moses. The word Leviticus means book of the Levites. The Levites were the priests.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
    • #67

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think everyone else's gets the very simple thing I said.It's just you who is struggling.
      I get what you're saying - my only issue is simply that you are factually wrong in every conceivable way.
      100% UNOFFICIAL WHC Statistician
      100% Honey Badgerista
    • #68
      Steve Foster (my Lord)
      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Posts
      453


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No, it really isn't.

      Your modus operandi appears to be to only half-explain some laughable positions, fail to clarify what you mean, and then accuse others of being stupid. Perhaps it's you? Or alternatively, you could try explaining yourself properly?
      How pathetic.Taking our little spat from the other thread to here.Sorry but you have no credibilty.If you lose an argument with someone don't follow them around this site attacking everything they say.Accept even you can sometimes be wrong.Go away.
    • #69
      Members Simster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Surrey
      Posts
      45,481


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How pathetic.Taking our little spat from the other thread to here.Sorry but you have no credibilty.If you lose an argument with someone don't follow them around this site attacking everything they say.Accept even you can sometimes be wrong.Go away.
      As a reminder, this what you said, and the response it prompted:

      Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are there any politicians who say what they really think when in power(apart from Trump)?

      I don't think there are.I think they are all too PC and scared to say what they really think because
      these days if you say the wrong thing you will be politically executed.
      Quote Originally Posted by midnight_rendezvous
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So, to clarify, are you against people being called a homophobe/ sexist/ racist etc if they say something homophobic/ sexist/ racist?
      All we are asking is for a little clarity. If you can't cope with being asked to explain your "point", that's fine, we can leave it there.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
    • #70
      Steve Foster (my Lord)
      Join Date
      Nov 2017
      Posts
      453


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As a reminder, this what you said, and the response it prompted:





      All we are asking is for a little clarity. If you can't cope with being asked to explain your "point", that's fine, we can leave it there.
      Yes.Leave it there and **** off to someone else you had a spat with.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •