Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tim Farron thinks gay sex is a sin after all

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
You said:

‘I think they are all too PC and scared to say what they really think because
these days if you say the wrong thing you will be politically executed’

To me that implies that you think that not saying things that are deemed as racist, sexist etc is ‘all too PC’ and not just being racist or sexist et al. That’s how I read it anyway. All I’ve asked is for clarification. I’m not accusing you of anything.

I think everyone else's gets the very simple thing I said.It's just you who is struggling.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Agreed. Also (without wishing to open another can of worms about biblical interpretation) being a Christian does not mean you have to oppose gay sex as Jesus himself never condemned homosexuality. It was Paul (a fanatical convert) and Leviticus (a complete madman who was also opposed to tattoos and eating shelfish) who spoke against it.

Leviticus of Borg was a right whatsit!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think everyone else's gets the very simple thing I said.It's just you who is struggling.
No, it really isn't.

Your modus operandi appears to be to only half-explain some laughable positions, fail to clarify what you mean, and then accuse others of being stupid. Perhaps it's you? Or alternatively, you could try explaining yourself properly?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Wish I'd known that when I had a long argument with my wife's aunt at New Year after I took exception to her calling gay people sinners. Filed for future reference :thumbsup:

Whilst filing it away, please note the book of Leviticus was written by Moses.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
No, it really isn't.

Your modus operandi appears to be to only half-explain some laughable positions, fail to clarify what you mean, and then accuse others of being stupid. Perhaps it's you? Or alternatively, you could try explaining yourself properly?

How pathetic.Taking our little spat from the other thread to here.Sorry but you have no credibilty.If you lose an argument with someone don't follow them around this site attacking everything they say.Accept even you can sometimes be wrong.Go away.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How pathetic.Taking our little spat from the other thread to here.Sorry but you have no credibilty.If you lose an argument with someone don't follow them around this site attacking everything they say.Accept even you can sometimes be wrong.Go away.
As a reminder, this what you said, and the response it prompted:

Renegade said:
Are there any politicians who say what they really think when in power(apart from Trump)?

I don't think there are.I think they are all too PC and scared to say what they really think because
these days if you say the wrong thing you will be politically executed.

midnight_rendezvous said:
So, to clarify, are you against people being called a homophobe/ sexist/ racist etc if they say something homophobic/ sexist/ racist?

All we are asking is for a little clarity. If you can't cope with being asked to explain your "point", that's fine, we can leave it there.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
As a reminder, this what you said, and the response it prompted:

All we are asking is for a little clarity. If you can't cope with being asked to explain your "point", that's fine, we can leave it there.

Yes.Leave it there and **** off to someone else you had a spat with.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I wouldn't worry .... I worked out the other day that out of the 10 commandments and 7 deadly sins, I've broken 16 of them !!! Am I bothered or scared ?? :lol:

I`ll assume you are not a murderer. However you therefore are an adulterer and a thief. You do not respect your Father and mother and you have given false evidence !! perhaps not bothered or scared but you should be ashamed !!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

And so what if I am? ??? Why are you being so defensive? I simply asked you to clarify. No need to be a **** about it.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Wish I'd known that when I had a long argument with my wife's aunt at New Year after I took exception to her calling gay people sinners. Filed for future reference :thumbsup:
Thunderbolt is correct, Leviticus wasn't actually written by a man named 'Leviticus'. Moses is often accepted as the author, so my mistake. Still barking mad stuff though.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Following your logic, that means a liberal is somone who defends people's adhrence to any 'sin' while not personally sharing the adherence. What type of 'sin'? Being gay? Being a jihadi? Being a paedophile? The trouble is this numpty thinks all 3 are a sin. If that is what liberalism means you can shove it.

ps AND he pretended that he though being gay was OK a while back, so he's a hypocrite.

I'm sure he doesn't think those three things are equally sinful.That said, I am not up to date on theology!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here