[Albion] When will we sign THE striker?

When will we sign THE striker?

• Before West Brom away - key game and we need to find a way to win

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Before Chelsea at home - a game to bed in before the big ones

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Before Boro away in the Cup - low-key game to start getting involved

Votes: 45 13.0%
  • Before Southampton away - what's the rush?

Votes: 21 6.1%
  • Before West Ham at home - typical Albion last minute deal

Votes: 72 20.9%
  • We won't sign one

Votes: 188 54.5%

• Total voters

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
honestly thought after the f k up of the summer and how at times we've looked absolutely toothless that we would of got at least 1 in the first week Jan.

Starting to feel familiar with the press releases.

Therfore voted we wont but suspect maybe a late loan as a punt.

We need 2/3

Groundhog day. Happens twice a year during the transfer windows.

I really hope its not another loan. Yes, we have had one or two good 'uns during the Amex era but we have had some real shockers too. We can't afford another loanee striker just turning out for the £££ and not giving a shit.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Now we've broken Mr. Brown,can we have a new one please?Plus,hopefully,the return of that nice man Leo.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Huge vote of confidence in the club's recruitment team, this poll :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In terms of a loan, are there many options at bigger clubs in the Brown / Abraham category?

Is Chuba Akpom available?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lucky Baldock seems to be back, so at least we won’t have to replace Brown. :wink:

As for the new striker, it’s hard not to be negative but we need to remember just how well we have done with every other signing this season, so fingers crossed but will not be surprised if we end up with nobody in.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huge vote of confidence in the club's recruitment team, this poll :lolol:

They set themselves up, for the negativity, with the failure in the summer (which I keep being assured was just bad luck rather than getting it wrong) on the striker front. They haven’t really given us any reason to feel confident it will happen in this window either.

Although I think (hope) the OP may be setting us up because he knows something is about to happen :smile:

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They set themselves up, for the negativity, with the failure in the summer (which I keep being assured was just bad luck rather than getting it wrong) on the striker front. They haven’t really given us any reason to feel confident it will happen in this window either.

Although I think (hope) the OP may be setting us up because he knows something is about to happen :smile:
It was amazing just how much bad luck the club had on August the 31st. :jester:

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
No chance. As pointed out previously Uncle Tony is not going to shatter the wage structure on a punt.

Agents/players are trying to maximise their wages, can't blame them, but it does somewhat limit the pool of players that are likely to come here.

Saying all that - ANNOUNCE DEMBELE :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not bringing in a striker in this window could be football suicide. If Murray picked up an injury and missed 3 or 4 weeks we'd be screwed, even more so now that Brown is ruled out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm already getting annoyed that we haven't signed a striker.

The Dear Leader isn't helping with all these hints that aren't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh goody, another poll....

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh goody, another poll....

It’s a good one though and rather worrying that over 50% of voters have no faith in the club being able to pull of'f the transfer that probably will dictate whether we stay up or go down this season....

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I keep saying with boring regularity, we signed a Swedish U23 striker on New Years Day, if 19 year olds are being quoted on here, why don't we play the Swede ?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I keep saying with boring regularity, we signed a Swedish U23 striker on New Years Day, if 19 year olds are being quoted on here, why don't we play the Swede ?

Because he has been earmarked for the black hole that is our development squad

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here