[Albion] When will we sign THE striker?

When will we sign THE striker?

• Before West Brom away - key game and we need to find a way to win

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Before Chelsea at home - a game to bed in before the big ones

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Before Boro away in the Cup - low-key game to start getting involved

Votes: 45 13.0%
  • Before Southampton away - what's the rush?

Votes: 21 6.1%
  • Before West Ham at home - typical Albion last minute deal

Votes: 72 20.9%
  • We won't sign one

Votes: 188 54.5%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The days of January are ticking by. When will we sign the striker that everyone knows we need?

<poll en route>

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I have a horrible feeling we won't. Baldock back, I can see us making do - unless we get another loan player to replace Izzy. I hope I'm wrong though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And with this poll, it's only just dawned on me that we're playing at Southampton on transfer deadline day. Should make for an exciting trip home from St Marys.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Vincent Janssen o'clock, only he won't be as good. :facepalm:

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
14 seconds after deadline day so we can't play him till the new season by which time we would have sold him anyway due to the relegation clause.

Edit:That bloke up there ruined my joke.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Before the Southampton game.
He'll be announced, in amongst all the usual rumours of crud that have been linked with us.
Well here's hoping.:)

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Suspect we won't get anyone in to be honest - still feel if this happens we have enough to stay up - UTA

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps a better question might have been:-

'How many more points will be dropped by not signing THE striker?'

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
The days of January are ticking by. When will we sign the striker that everyone knows we need?

<poll en route>

O/T but dont you find it, what I would call a bug, in VBulletin that when you elect to post a poll it posts the thread before you can submit the poll options and you start getting replies, hence having to state things like <poll en route>

or endure comments like "this should be a poll" when you are filling out the selections

it must be SUCH a simple fix for them to make surely?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Final day.

They will be from a slightly exotic country (Sweden, Japan, etc).

We WON'T have heard of them except a few on here who really keep up with world leagues. One person will say they're absolute quality, another will say they're pony.

They will have a decent scoring record somewhere like the Belgian or Turkish league.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Not convinced we will sign a striker on a permanent deal, can see a loan happening but at the end of the month. I know these deals are hard, clubs don't need to sell etc but I really hope we don't lose points against some of the easier teams in January for the sake of a couple of million. Appreciate it's not my money but it's even more of a gamble and potential loss of tens of millions if we go down by the odd point.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I am not normally negative but don't think we will sign one, but get in a loan striker from another club. The transfer market is difficult and we cannot compete with the hundreds of millions some clubs have to throw around.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think we will.

The deal was either going to have been lined up for window opening, or not done at all :nono:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ive no problem with a top quality loan and keeping our cash in pocket until the summer.

The only thing with that is it will definitely be a final day deal, and I was hoping for much sooner.

However this is TB we are talking about. I have no doubt he will spend if its the right player, he has never let us down and never will.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Summer.

Edit.

Probably accompanied by a video clip of Ulloa saying “I’m back”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We'll sign them before the West Brom game.

Which will be our first match in September in the Championship.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm going for TWO strikers signing – one permanent and one loan. As for when they arrive? One in the next week and the other towards the end of the window (i.e. just before the Saints game).

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I agree with Mr Bobkin. One as still required and someone to replace Izzy Brown. I just can't believe that we would leave ourselves in a position where a couple of injuries could be decisive. I know it's not easy by the way but if we can't compete now at the level we will be looking for then when can we? Remember we had done deals for strikers in the last window.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here