View Poll Results: When will we sign THE striker?

Voters
345. You may not vote on this poll
  • Before West Brom away - key game and we need to find a way to win

6 1.74%
  • Before Chelsea at home - a game to bed in before the big ones

13 3.77%
  • Before Boro away in the Cup - low-key game to start getting involved

45 13.04%
  • Before Southampton away - what's the rush?

21 6.09%
  • Before West Ham at home - typical Albion last minute deal

72 20.87%
  • We won't sign one

188 54.49%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Ighalo scored approx 1 goal in every 3 games at Watford in The Premier which is better than we have so worth consideration.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gazz15 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The sheets are dry all right. It is a case of do we want more Premier League football next season or not?

The current team/squad are not good enough, and thankfully an awful Swansea and West Brom have given us a 50/50 chance of escaping in 17th place or thereabouts. No question, our position is becoming worse with every week that passes. If and when we fall into the bottom 3 I don't see us getting out of it, without a goalscorer.

I have seen so many home draws against poor teams this season, we should have beaten on the day. We are not unlucky, just not good enough in the key areas.
      I think this team/squad is good enough based on the fact that we are 12th! I know it's only 3 points away from the relegation zone but I think we are good enough.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Petee View Post
      Can't see us signing any players let alone a striker. I know we have to make sure we're getting the 'right player' but the lack of urgency is one thing that really pisses me off with this club. Has always been the case since we had that transfer window a few years back and ended up with deadline day signings of Dean Hammond and Stephen ****in Dobbie! (I know we signed quality players that window but don't take this away from me)
      This lack of urgency in the Amex era led to a play-off challenge or better in every single season except one (or two if you count the first when we finished 10th). The only teams who have succeeded by not overspending but not "dragging their feet" either are Burnley and Huddersfield. Every other team I can think of has either gambled, massively overspending to get their man and succeeded (Bournemouth) or gambled by massively overspending or bringing in bang-average signings early - and not succeeded (QPR couldn't sustain it, and loads of clubs have suffered massively: Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Villa, Norwich, Birmingham, Leeds)
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!
      Can't see us signing any players let alone a striker. I know we have to make sure we're getting the 'right player' but the lack of urgency is one thing that really pisses me off with this club. Has always been the case since we had that transfer window a few years back and ended up with deadline day signings of Dean Hammond and Stephen ****in Dobbie! (I know we signed quality players that window but don't take this away from me)
      The same transfer window that we'd signed Bruno, Kuzczak, Spanish Dave, Orlandi, Crofts and Wayne Bridge on a season loan. It wasn't that bad, was it?
      Ich bin ein sexpest.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Things could look a lot different on Monday after this weekends fixtures so I wouldnt be so sure about survival as there is no room for error or 1 bad game.
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I think this team/squad is good enough based on the fact that we are 12th! I know it's only 3 points away from the relegation zone but I think we are good enough.
      We've played more or less all of our easy games though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brian Munich View Post
      The same transfer window that we'd signed Bruno, Kuzczak, Spanish Dave, Orlandi, Crofts and Wayne Bridge on a season loan. It wasn't that bad, was it?
      Hence the bit in brackets as I was already ranting when I realised this
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      We've played more or less all of our easy games though.

We're literally 3 games in of the second half of the season. Oh and I wouldn't say any game is easy
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      We're literally 3 games in of the second half of the season. Oh and I wouldn't say any game is easy
      Home games are easier than away. Home to West Brom, Watford, Southampton, Stoke and an Everton side in meltdown are considerably easier than home to Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. Swansea will be a 6 pointer, Huddersfield have our measure and West Ham will be a totally different proposition to the side we beasted at the Olympic Stadium.

Trust me, we've done the easy bit and we've drawn too many of them.

Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

0 Not allowed!
      Stephen ***ing Dobbie was tearing it up at Blackpool at the time. My friend, who has been Blackpool fan for years, texted me when we signed him and said "You've won the league". That's how good his reputation was when we signed him. I think we can forgive that purchase, and in this case shouldn't judge the decision at the time solely by the eventual contribution.