[Albion] When will we sign THE striker?

When will we sign THE striker?

• Before West Brom away - key game and we need to find a way to win

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Before Chelsea at home - a game to bed in before the big ones

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Before Boro away in the Cup - low-key game to start getting involved

Votes: 45 13.0%
  • Before Southampton away - what's the rush?

Votes: 21 6.1%
  • Before West Ham at home - typical Albion last minute deal

Votes: 72 20.9%
  • We won't sign one

Votes: 188 54.5%

• Total voters

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Andre schurrle anyone? If we can’t find a permanent striker, available on loan apparently, could surely pay his wages in line with the rest of the squad if we pay Dortmund a high enough loan fee, would probably have lots of other clubs after him mind

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we don't sign a decent one, we are going down.

If we do sign a decent striker, we might still go down.

Nothing is decided yet, and won't be for a while. There is a possibility we'll go down, some may argue there's a probability we'll go down (a bit pessimistic, but fair enough if that's what they think), but there is no absolute certainty that we'll go down (with or without a new striker) - and there won't be unless or until there are three teams above us that we cannot mathematically catch.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
If we do sign a decent striker, we might still go down.

Nothing is decided yet, and won't be for a while. There is a possibility we'll go down, some may argue there's a probability we'll go down (a bit pessimistic, but fair enough if that's what they think), but there is no absolute certainty that we'll go down (with or without a new striker) - and there won't be unless or until there are three teams above us that we cannot mathematically catch.

Surely it’s about giving us as good as a chance as possible would be gobsmacked if after spending all this time effort and energy getting here we r prepared to take a massive risk and lose out . No striker is going to guarantee anything but it’s nice to have another option something that we r missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely it’s about giving us as good as a chance as possible would be gobsmacked if after spending all this time effort and energy getting here we r prepared to take a massive risk and lose out . No striker is going to guarantee anything but it’s nice to have another option something that we r missing
Absolutely - and we should always be looking to improve the tem anyway - even Man. City are doing that!

As you will see, at no point in my post do I suggest we shouldn't bother trying to find a striker - I know, as does everybody else, we are weak in that department. I hope we do get one, and I come on here every day looking for good news - or even a half decent rumour! I just can't stand - or understand - people pontificating that somehow it's an absolute certainty that we can't possibly stay up unless we sign this mythical being!
There's nine teams below us; seven of them are going to have to play better than us for the remaining 16 games to put us down! That might not be a doddle for them, eh?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Absolutely - and we should always be looking to improve the tem anyway - even Man. City are doing that!

As you will see, at no point in my post do I suggest we shouldn't bother trying to find a striker - I know, as does everybody else, we are weak in that department. I hope we do get one, and I come on here every day looking for good news - or even a half decent rumour! I just can't stand - or understand - people pontificating that somehow it's an absolute certainty that we can't possibly stay up unless we sign this mythical being!
There's nine teams below us; seven of them are going to have to play better than us for the remaining 16 games to put us down! That might not be a doddle for them, eh?

Very true.

But if you take away games against the top 6, where we appear unable to,score, let alone take a point, we have 10 games left and need to win 5 of them.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

I just can’t help thinking if we don’t then we r going down hope I’m proved wrong

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Of course you can’t say with absolute certainty we will go down without signing a striker.

But we desperately need one and all our concerns about not signing anyone in the summer have been proved correct. We simply don’t score enough goals and that is the biggest risk to us going down.

If anything happened to Murray we would be in serious trouble so we need something even just as backup.

This concept that we can muddle through to the end of the season because January is a bad time to buy just doesn’t cut with me.

We have this problem because we cocked up in the summer and if it costs us now to put it right - then so be it. We all know what the reason will be if we get relegated.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Of course you can’t say with absolute certainty we will go down without signing a striker.

But we desperately need one and all our concerns about not signing anyone in the summer have been proved correct. We simply don’t score enough goals and that is the biggest risk to us going down.

If anything happened to Murray we would be in serious trouble so we need something even just as backup.

This concept that we can muddle through to the end of the season because January is a bad time to buy just doesn’t cut with me.

We have this problem because we cocked up in the summer and if it costs us now to put it right - then so be it. We all know what the reason will be if we get relegated.

Hudd, Everton and Palace are actively signing players early in this window, investing heavily, just getting on with it. It's a must.

Staying up is everything (not my words, but PB's back in August on BT Sport).

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I’m sure there will be a loan to replace Izzy. However this may just be cover for existing players. Given our fixtures are very biased (easier until end feb and then very tough) we would need a new striker very soon and to hit the ground running, otherwise they may mak little difference. I wonder whether the club may feel that we may have to make do with what we have and then if we can stay up sign THE striker in the summer? I hope I’m wrong...

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
If we stick with what we have, we will be relegated imho?

The failure to get a striker in since last May will weigh heavily on those involved, it will be a long road back to the Premier League - such a wasted opportunity.

I already fear it is too late to find one, and every week that passes reduces our survival chances.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was sure that after the summer striker debacle that we'd have had one lined up to sign on Jan 1, 2 or 3.

Seems like no lessons were learnt whatsoever, and it'll be more failure on Jan 31st :nono:

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
If we don't get a proper striker we could still do something interesting along these lines:, kind of False 9 approach:
Ryan
Schelotto Duffy/BFG Dunk Suttner/Bong
Stephens or Kayal
March Propper Jose
Gross Baldock

Lots of pace to run at defences and a better bet than floating in crosses for a striker who isn't there

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Making the best of what we have got is why we are sitting 12th in the PL, without a new striker. If we just keep on doing what what we are doing we will be fine. Not at all bothered if we don't get a striker. We are improving all the time as well. Sheets dry here.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Making the best of what we have got is why we are sitting 12th in the PL, without a new striker. If we just keep on doing what what we are doing we will be fine. Not at all bothered if we don't get a striker. We are improving all the time as well. Sheets dry here.[/QUOTE]

That is the problem we are not points wise. Unless we start scoring we are headed for The Championship sadly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here