Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: Insomnia

Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludensian Gull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Woke up at 2-30 , after trying to get back to sleep decided to get up and watch winter Olympics with a cuppa. I tend to go through fazes of waking early .
    Got work later?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      Got work later?
      Haven't got to go to work as such, but am a full time carer for the wife ,so will be kept on my toes .
      “Of all the things I am not very good at, living in the real world is perhaps the most outstanding.”
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Haven't got to go to work as such, but am a full time carer for the wife ,so will be kept on my toes .
      Fair play to you. Up nice and early to make brekkie then

Have we got any medals yet?

1 Not allowed!
      Fair play to you. Up nice and early to make brekkie then

Have we got any medals yet?
      Think she'd kill me if I took her up breakfast this time of the morning
      As to the medals ,I have no idea but I very much doubt it ....
      “Of all the things I am not very good at, living in the real world is perhaps the most outstanding.”
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Think she'd kill me if I took her up breakfast this time of the morning
      As to the medals ,I have no idea but I very much doubt it ....
      Bring back Eddie the Seagull for a laugh I say
      I dont distinguish between morning afternoon or evening right now. Very frustrating. I wanna go make some soup or something and watch the olympics too but would wake the old man up and its cold down there

0 Not allowed!
      Bring back Eddie the Seagull for a laugh I say
      I dont distinguish between morning afternoon or evening right now. Very frustrating. I wanna go make some soup or something and watch the olympics too but would wake the old man up and its cold down there
      Must be so frustrating for you , at least I only seem to go a few days when I wake up early. Never have any trouble getting to sleep ,but often wake after 4_5 hours . I'm someone who can't pay there awake , I'd sooner get up .
      You'll have to creep down quiteley and get some soup .
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Must be so frustrating for you , at least I only seem to go a few days when I wake up early. Never have any trouble getting to sleep ,but often wake after 4_5 hours . I'm someone who can't pay there awake , I'd sooner get up .
      You'll have to creep down quiteley and get some soup .
      It is infuriating mate. I am not 100% it's insomnia anymore even, sometimes it is I suppose, perhaps sleeping patterns, its new to me and i dont like it one bit - really screws your day up

0 Not allowed!
      It is infuriating mate. I am not 100% it's insomnia anymore even, sometimes it is I suppose, perhaps sleeping patterns, its new to me and i dont like it one bit - really screws your day up
      I can imagine

1 Not allowed!
      Have you considered changing your diet? Sounds drastic, but I did the keto diet (low carb high fat) for 12 weeks last year. My sleeping and general energy levels were massively different. I slept through the night every night without waking up, which NEVER happens. It had a huge impact on my energy levels during the day too. I stopped being tired at work.

The biggest draw backs were no beer and exercise being 10x more difficult with so little carbs, but sleeping wise, I can confidently say that what I eat has a much bigger impact on how I sleep than I ever realised.
      Newly Joined

1 Not allowed!
      Insomnia is common. It causes you to toss and turn an think about the day that just passed and what you want to do tomorrow. Once you are into this cycle of thoughts, it is very difficult to talk yourself out of it.

Nevertheless it is useful to listen to a self-hypnosis disc. This gives your brain something to listen to and after about 10 minutes your brain lets go and you drift into a sleep. In a chronic insomniac though this may not help.
      Sometimes your brain is simply too active. In this case it is time for some “chemistry”: I would suggest you take 500 mg to 1000 mg of valerian root capsules (from the health food store). Usually this calms your mind within 20 to 30 minutes and helps you to fall asleep. If it does not, add 3 mg of melatonin by mouth. Melatonin and valerian root work together and make you more sleepy than each one alone. If this is still not strong enough, ask your doctor for a prescription sleeping pill.
      It would advice you to still try the melatonin/valerian root combination first before you take a sleeping pill. Sleeping pills tend to cause drug dependence, melatonin and valerian root capsules don’t. By spacing real sleeping pills in that way, you may be able to avoid a drug dependency on prescription sleeping pills.
      Invest in a nice, soft comfy pillow and mattress (here are some useful reviews https://sleepissimple.co.uk/ – find the best one)
      Spend more time outside during daylight. Take your work breaks outside in sunlight, exercise outside, or walk your dog during the day instead of at night.
      Avoid big meals at night. Try to make dinnertime earlier in the evening, and avoid heavy, rich foods within two hours of bed. Spicy or acidic foods can cause stomach trouble and heartburn.
      Good luck