Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Insomnia

Members

Insomnia

1 Not allowed!
    Its a b1tch isnt it. Any one get it? When you are lying in bed at 2 thinking I should be asleep, ah it will be ok, Cant shut down or get in the zone, try every combination of pillows duvets and lying down positions 5 hours till the alarm goes off then alarm goes off and you havent slept a wink. GRRRRR

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Not sure about insomnia, but I have a problem where I just don't get enough sleep.
      I average about 5 hours and that is restless according to Mrs OzMike.
      I often feel tired during the day and lose a bit of concentration.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.

1 Not allowed!
      I don't have insomnia but do lay in bed thinking a lot when I should be sleeping.

Start getting angry and frustrated and clock watching which starts the spiral.

Having a 3 year old that still won't sleep through the night and the constant stress of working full time and loads of overtime to make ends meet whilst studying as a mature student so up late doing coursework most nights after little one eventually gets into bed.

I'm sure there's plenty of us on here suffering similar.

If it's any consolation you learn to deal with it. Especially with kids. And although it doesn't feel like it you do get 20 mins here and there but it doesn't feel like it.
      I feel sorry for people who don't drink because when they wake up, that's the best they are going to feel all day.

8 Not allowed!
      I always knock one out when I can’t sleep....works every time.
      برايتون حتى أموت
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Its a b1tch isnt it. Any one get it? When you are lying in bed at 2 thinking I should be asleep, ah it will be ok, Cant shut down or get in the zone, try every combination of pillows duvets and lying down positions 5 hours till the alarm goes off then alarm goes off and you havent slept a wink. GRRRRR
      If it continues regularly, it can be quite serious in terms of underlying issues that can be causing it, whether worry, stress, anxiety etc. and in turn whether this is leading to a form of depression. Sleep is an escape from everyday life, and when even that escape seems out of reach, it can have a real impact on the mind. As @spongy said, it can start a spiral so as soon as you feel you cannot sleep, you get anxious about not sleeping which isn't going to get you to sleep.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      If it continues regularly, it can be quite serious in terms of underlying issues that can be causing it, whether worry, stress, anxiety etc. and in turn whether this is leading to a form of depression. Sleep is an escape from everyday life, and when even that escape seems out of reach, it can have a real impact on the mind. As @spongy said, it can start a spiral so as soon as you feel you cannot sleep, you get anxious about not sleeping which isn't going to get you to sleep.
      It comes and goes and when I get it, I end up needing to sleep in the day, I just cancelled a 10 o clock meeting

I know what the causes are for me and it's not far from what you said, a suffer badly from anxiety stress and indeed depression, when they pop up my sleeping pattern either goes upside down or non existent, I would love a go to sleep switch. Its incredibly frustrating
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spongy View Post
      I don't have insomnia but do lay in bed thinking a lot when I should be sleeping.

Start getting angry and frustrated and clock watching which starts the spiral.

Thats insomnia of sorts is it not? I dont see my kids right now unfortunately which is probably the root cause but ironically yes when they are waking you up in the night/climbing into your (my) bed its broken sleep but at least sleep. I find myself refreshing NSC (which is pretty pointless at stupid o'clock) and going through youtube or something, I hit a point where I know there is not much point trying so just dont bother. I am seeing someone about it but eees complicated
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      Typical, I was trying to have a lie in this morning, as on nights tonight.
      Bloody typical, I couldn't sleep
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      Typical, I was trying to have a lie in this morning, as on nights tonight.
      Bloody typical, I couldn't sleep
      see #4

Does that mean you intend to stay up all day then go to work tonight? What kind of jobs switches days to nights midweek, that would likely mess me up a lot, would need sleeping pills or something

21 Not allowed!
      On the bright side...

...only 10 sleeps till Christmas.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709