Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Why is it called the Rooney Rule? Is this to do with the NFL?
    Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow.

---- L. Ron Hubbard

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If you haven't had a chance to yet, I really would urge you to give that radio show a listen. After listening to it, I'm convinced that the problem isn't one of racism but a culture and network of who knows who that currently is holding black managers back. All this rule does is make clubs aware of the huge untapped pool of talent out there. No-one is under any obligation to employ anyone because of the colour of their skin with this new rule in place.
      I havent Buzzer but I will now, perhaps I shouldnt have commented if my understanding isnt 100%, I think I missing the point somehow perhaps'. I do know that there will be no obligation (which is why I said comparing to SA is not apples for apples where it is). I just find these things baffling in England but I will listen to the radio show to see where I am missing the point
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Dont understand this. Cant believe any chairman care who manages there club. Just wants success. Always pointed out that x % of black players but far fewer % managers. Hasnt anybody realised that they go home when they finish playing.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion my Albion View Post
      Why is it called the Rooney Rule? Is this to do with the NFL?
      Yup. Entirely to do with the NFL.
      My music blog: de-minimis music

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      Agreed. I can't believe that managers and campaigners like er, the Brighton manager, Chris Hughton simply doesn't get it, is wasting his time and has simply got the wrong end of the stick. Shocking! Hughton out.

Attachment 92820

Indeed, in that article he is shilling for the Daily Mail with thatextremist Christian Hoddle, something must be done to protect the club. Maybe a boycott of Spurs home game.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by alfredmizen View Post
      Got to admit i cant see anything racist there mate

He is actively supporting the racist organ that is the Daily Mail.........I’ve seen the comments in the “Virgin bin the Mail” thread........he may as well be in Der Sturmer.........Nazi scum out of our dugout!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Saunders View Post
      Coloured was used as a derogatory term by both black and white South Africans and was used for any mixed race including Indian and Asian herritage. So yes the orthodoxy is to use Black. I am sure Giggs would qualify but he may not be descriminated against because of his appearance anyway. It does ask the question though how much of a percentage of DNA qualifys you.

I cant see the Rooney rule being a bad thing if it makes players consider the cost of getting the badges and time and effort more worthwhile. We need more qualified coaches whatever their colour to keep up with other countries.

You are wrong, blacks in SA will derive from tribes such as zulus and the Xhosa, neither consider themselves coloured, which is a term the millions of mixed heritage South Africans consider themselves to be.

In this construct CH is not black like his Ghanaian father or white like his Irish mother, and given that he played for the ROI national team, he evidently felt more aligned to his mother’s side than his old man.

Accordingly if he is black so is Ryan Giggs and Ross Barkley, even though they are optically as white as a ghost. But like you say this is essentially about appearance, so whilst Ryan and Ross can truthfully state they are black there skin just doesn’t cut the mustard.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by aolstudios View Post
      Are you serious or has this gone over my head?..

Check out the “virgin bin the mail” thread, it would appear it’s run by racists.........quite why CH would lay down with that dog is beyond me. Think of the children!

0 Not allowed!
      Anyone that is shilling the Daily Mail is a racist, don’t you know there’s a campaign by “stop the hate”?

Get your apologist head out your goose stepping arse Heinrich. Hughton out!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cunning fergus View Post
      You are wrong, blacks in SA will derive from tribes such as zulus and the Xhosa, neither consider themselves coloured, which is a term the millions of mixed heritage South Africans consider themselves to be.
      Spot on. It's a neutral term in S Africa and used as an official racial classification in their latest census.

http://www.statssa.gov.za/census/cen...s_in_brief.pdf
      My music blog: de-minimis music