Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 118
  1. #81
    Members
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,360


    0 Not allowed!
    Maybe part of the reason why these measures may be needed in football

    Graham Rix and Gwyn Williams accused of racism and bullying while at Chelsea

    https://www.theguardian.com/football...llying-chelsea

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #82
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Location
      Worcester England
      Posts
      7,556


      0 Not allowed!
      Got to admit I'm a little bit disappointed in CH getting involved with this and his comments
    • #83
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Location
      Worcester England
      Posts
      7,556


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tubby-McFat-Fuc View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Well, the percentage of BAME players was 33 per cent on the opening day of 2017-18, compared to 16.5 per cent 25 years ago.

      According to wikipedia, 87% of the UK population is white.

      Is anything being done to get more white footballers into professional football, as they appear to be massively under represented on the basis of the population mix?

      Or would it be considered racist to call for more white players?

      How the hell are we going to convince people that everyone is equal, and the best candidate should get the position, when there are so many of these BAME type group labelling coloured people as "different".
      good post
    • #84

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Viper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Really really worth listening to this, especially those against this initiative.

      https://talksport.com/football/kick-...1-171011257842

      Our Chris is on it talking about his experiences and numerous other things.
      Al those people either confused about how this rule might improve matters, the myth about if you are good enough then you will get a job, Hughton's take on the rule and a few other things beside would do well to have a listen to this radio show that The Viper posted. It's extremely illuminating. I disagree with a few things on there especially from the guest who sits in the House of Lords, he comes across as generally ignorant except for wanting to push a wider agenda but the comments from our very own Chris Ramsay, from Paul Elliott and from Jason Lee are all excellent.

      I agree with a lot of what has been written on here. We, in English football have got a lot to be proud of with how we've fought racism on the pitch and I hope that this initiative is taken as another positive step along that road. All the black interviewees expressed how proud they were of being British and that it isn't necessarily a racist thing that they aren't getting a look in but that there are certain ways of doing things, certain attitudes and networks of people that are hindering progress.
      My music blog: de-minimis music
    • #85
      Members chaileyjem's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      Chailey
      Posts
      6,841


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Got to admit I'm a little bit disappointed in CH getting involved with this and his comments
      Yep. I had simply no idea that CH would do or say something like this.

      Name:  hughton.png
Views: 70
Size:  1.07 MB
    • #86
      Members chaileyjem's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      Chailey
      Posts
      6,841


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      good post
      Quote Originally Posted by Tubby-McFat-Fuc View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Is anything being done to get more white footballers into professional football, as they appear to be massively under represented on the basis of the population mix?

      Or would it be considered racist to call for more white players?
      Agreed. I can't believe that managers and campaigners like er, the Brighton manager, Chris Hughton simply doesn't get it, is wasting his time and has simply got the wrong end of the stick. Shocking! Hughton out.

      Name:  hughton.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  246.9 KB
    • #87

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Agreed. I can't believe that managers and campaigners like er, the Brighton manager, Chris Hughton simply doesn't get it, is wasting his time and has simply got the wrong end of the stick. Shocking! Hughton out.
      http://www.voice-online.co.uk/video/...all-black-list

      My music blog: de-minimis music
    • #88

      1 Not allowed!
      Anyone who has heard Liam Rosenior speak or read his Guardian column should not be surprised at all at Chris Hughton's vocal support for this rule. It really is no big secret in how CH views his responsibilities as the highest placed black football manager in the English game.
      My music blog: de-minimis music
    • #89
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Location
      Worcester England
      Posts
      7,556


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yep. I had simply no idea that CH would do or say something like this.

      Name:  hughton.png
Views: 70
Size:  1.07 MB
      No need to be sarcastic. This has nothing to do with a picture saying show racism the red card which is what I am trying to say

      You are missing my point/opinion

      I find it more racist to say we must interview a black manager for a job cos thats the right thing to do. Then if you want to be fair get everyones cv's with the same name on and do an interview over skype with no video, its just nonsense IMO

      In SA (I know its not comparing apples with apples) but you dont only have to interview x amount of black people for a job but you have to employ x amount and generally have one registered as a director. And it ****s stuff up. not because they are black (and unfortunately still relatively uneducated- apartheid still is there IMO) they just arent the best person for the job so service levels go down as a result. I have first hand experience of this and can give some shocking examples. I digress

      To put it simply black, gay, white, lesbian, orange, male, female, I really dont see any reason to have any rules/quotas, best person for the job is the only requirement. To be saying x% of premiership managers are y is just ridiculous. Its not like its a big enough data sample anyways
    • #90

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I find it more racist to say we must interview a black manager for a job cos thats the right thing to do. Then if you want to be fair get everyones cv's with the same name on and do an interview over skype with no video, its just nonsense IMO
      If you haven't had a chance to yet, I really would urge you to give that radio show a listen. After listening to it, I'm convinced that the problem isn't one of racism but a culture and network of who knows who that currently is holding black managers back. All this rule does is make clubs aware of the huge untapped pool of talent out there. No-one is under any obligation to employ anyone because of the colour of their skin with this new rule in place.
      My music blog: de-minimis music

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •