Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 118
  1. #71
    Members
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,494


    0 Not allowed!
    Over 50% of the uk population are female. So before we start crying about the lack of bame managers - what about the misogyny of there never having beeen a female top flight manager

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #72
      Minister of Information
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      9,756


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Two Professors View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Best man available for the job should get it every time.I feel Chris needs at least 2 more years with us to calm down his over-exuberance.Then England will have the perfect manager.
      This. I'm afraid his touchline behaviour is the issue here.

      It's a shame. We will see great progress on the BAME front. But his frequent match day fist pumps and gesticulations will ultimately prevent his own career from developing. He's only been kept on because we are so easy going here in Brighton.
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      ....and you seem to be hanging around these politics threads for an unhealthy amount of time...
    • #73
      Members chaileyjem's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      Chailey
      Posts
      6,468


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So what? Arent players 20 to 30 years younger than managers - in which case the progress should be celebrated.
      You should drop a note to Chris Hughton and tell him he's wrong then.
    • #74
      Sex Panther
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      In the field
      Posts
      5,451


      0 Not allowed!
      What a load of total shite this rule is.
    • #75

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cunning fergus View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Articles like this in the Daily Mail certainly point to the “actually racist” option.

      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ng-racism.html

      Very poor judgement from Chris, he should apologise.
      Got to admit i cant see anything racist there mate
    • #76

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I agree with every sentiment here BUT the current ratio of black footballers to black managers versus ratio of white footballers to white managers does not fit with this analysis. That said, I think we are in transition, which is why the numbers don't match the reality of current practice (which isjust fine - a green north Korean would get the job, as you say, if th best candidate). But I do support the RR - not because it will guarantee 'fairness' (I think the numbers will change because it is already fair) but because it signals that the discrimination of the past is acknowledged. It will not cost anything to interview the best black candidate among all those interviwed, and there is no requirement they get the job, so it is merely symbolic. So I don't support because it will cause no harm, rather I don't oppose it because it will do no harm, much like I don't oppose your growing a hipster beard and wearing a man bag because it will do (me) no harm. Nothing much to see here, in fact.
      Perfectly put.
      My music blog: de-minimis music
    • #77
      Members Tubby-McFat-Fuc's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2013
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      1,585


      1 Not allowed!
      Well, the percentage of BAME players was 33 per cent on the opening day of 2017-18, compared to 16.5 per cent 25 years ago.

      According to wikipedia, 87% of the UK population is white.

      Is anything being done to get more white footballers into professional football, as they appear to be massively under represented on the basis of the population mix?

      Or would it be considered racist to call for more white players?

      How the hell are we going to convince people that everyone is equal, and the best candidate should get the position, when there are so many of these BAME type group labelling coloured people as "different".
      Ignore list - 1. An idiot - Classified He knows who he is!!
      2. Dickheads Elbow - No other reason than he's a tw**!

      That is all!
    • #78

      0 Not allowed!
      I find this all a bit weird. I'm absolutely not denying that there's an issue with the number of black coaches and how their opportunities may be more limited than white managers. But I really don't see how this fixes that?
    • #79
      Members Kalimantan Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Central Borneo / the Lizard
      Posts
      7,401


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tubby-McFat-Fuc View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How the hell are we going to convince people that everyone is equal, and the best candidate should get the position,
      This is the point of the Rooney Rule, you know that or being deliberately obtuse?
    • #80
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Posts
      1,494


      0 Not allowed!
      What about these statistics for bame - banding (segregating) every non white into another grouping. This does not show the full picture.

      Such as british asians are hugely underrepresented by professional footballers (never mind managers), whereas black people (of any origin) are probably over represented (compared to % of national population). But for some reason this isnt distinguished.

      Also sexism in football is also swept under the carpet. Why are their not female managers in the top flights?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •