Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton fans show no respect towards the FA cup.....!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
It's ironic, for the past five years or so, Palace fans have been saying attendances are not important, It's what you do on the pitch, Now we have knocked them out the cup all that's being spoken about is the attendance and they don't care that they lost the game.

But Brighton fans always bang on about it so why not now .

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
But Brighton fans always bang on about it so why not now .
Why now. why does the attendance bother you when you guys claim it doesn't matter. Also can people support their team without attending the match, I mean I think the vast majority of people who usually go to matches would have either watched it on tv or listened on the radio. Is that supporting the team?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Why now. why does the attendance bother you when you guys claim it doesn't matter. Also can people support their team without attending the match, I mean I think the vast majority of people who usually go to matches would have either watched it on tv or listened on the radio. Is that supporting the team?

Hardly unless viewing/listening figures are passed onto the team at half time and even then they wouldn’t know if they or the opposition were being supported :laugh:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Hardly unless viewing/listening figures are passed onto the team at half time and even then they wouldn’t know if they or the opposition were being supported :laugh:

So supporting a team is all about the team knowing we are cheering for them and not all about us cheering for them.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
The FA shows no respect to fans generally by moving games at short notice (making my life, and many of yours I'm sure, a lot more complicated) making it absolutely clear that TV comes first and us a very poor second and turning the Premier League into such a ridiculous moneyfest that everything else becomes irrelevant compared to staying there for clubs who are in it so we all field our reserves.
For them then to complain that we don't take the competition seriously is beyond satire. For those of us who go home and away in the league the joke farce that the cup has become is a chance to have a bit of time off with those we love - and they thoroughly deserve it! I saw us beat Palace in Paris with my wife Robina, first time we have watched the Albion together since modern football got too much for her and she gave up her season ticket. We're having a lovely time and I'll see you at the Hawthorns :)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Attendances don’t bother me andy and most palace fans feel the same way . I think it’s funny that after banging on about attendances since you moved to the Amex ( not before ) you suddenly feel affronted when a bit of ribbing is thrown your way

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Frankly, anyone in the media suggesting fans have 'disrespected' the FA Cup can get to feck .

It's the matchgoing supporter that's been disrespected by the media and the powers that be with daft kick off times and matches scheduled for TV at short notice which plays havoc with people trying to arrange travel and accommodation at a reasonable price quite apart from the cost of a match ticket.

So one night. When for any of a number of reasons the attendance is down and there's not the expected number of fans to create the desired 'atmosphere' for telly, media pundits have the cheek to talk about fans showing disrespect.

:annoyed:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Attendances don’t bother me andy and most palace fans feel the same way . I think it’s funny that after banging on about attendances since you moved to the Amex ( not before ) you suddenly feel affronted when a bit of ribbing is thrown your way

Its funny. Palace fans should be saying Brighton fans have done nothing wrong and Brighton fans should be having ago. By the way, all Palace fans ever go on about is Brighton fans going om about attendances.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Not so much 'affronted' as 'couldn't give a feck'.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
So supporting a team is all about the team knowing we are cheering for them and not all about us cheering for them.

Support v - to give encouragement and approval to someone or something because you want the person or thing to succeed.

Unless the team knows you are cheering for them how can you be encouraging them :shrug:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I don’t care who did or didn’t turn up. AlI I care about is

Attachments

• 6DB6FC2C-48DD-48C8-8CA1-45DFD10EEC1B.jpeg
    6DB6FC2C-48DD-48C8-8CA1-45DFD10EEC1B.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 183

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Support v - to give encouragement and approval to someone or something because you want the person or thing to succeed.

Unless the team knows you are cheering for them how can you be encouraging them :shrug:

So me shouting at the TV encouraging them is not supporting them because they cant hear me. When I'm in the west stand upper I don't think they can hear me personally either. Supporting them is only valid when they can hear it. Them knowing that thousands are watching on TV doesn't count.

By the way how can something know that I'm supporting it surely only people can know.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
So me shouting at the TV encouraging them is not supporting them because they cant hear me. When I'm in the west stand upper I don't think they can hear me personally either. Supporting them is only valid when they can hear it. Them knowing that thousands are watching on TV doesn't count.

By the way how can something know that I'm supporting it surely only people can know.

They can see you when you are there and it’s even more noticeable when it’s an empty seat :)

You can support a ‘thing’, (such as the i360), by publicly expressing your approval - sat in front of the tv shouting,”I approve of the i360”, wouldn’t be ‘support’ of it.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
They can see you when you are there and it’s even more noticeable when it’s an empty seat :)

You can support a ‘thing’, (such as the i360), by publicly expressing your approval - sat in front of the tv shouting,”I approve of the i360”, wouldn’t be ‘support’ of it.
Ok so I'm on a Brighton forum telling you I;ve supported Brighton since 1992 and for me this is my most proudest I've been supporting Brighton in that time. Long may it continue. This is me supporting Brighton yes?
I didn't go to the game yesterday, so why does that matter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here