Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton fans show no respect towards the FA cup.....!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Although Liverpool charged close to their usual rates for that game, Young Adult tickets were £10.00 & Juniors were £5.00. Under 21 & U18 tickets for last night were £18.00 and £12.00 each.

And it was Friday, not Monday and they all sit next to each other, mixing in and reminiscing about how "our Kevin" ended up a blue because he stole the wrong colour car at the age of 5.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Although Liverpool charged close to their usual rates for that game, Young Adult tickets were £10.00 & Juniors were £5.00. Under 21 & U18 tickets for last night were £18.00 and £12.00 each.

Surely that's the north / south divide ?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
So they took a match between two rivals, shoved it out onto a Monday night in early January to hawk it round the TV broadcasters despite it featuring two teams who wouldn't have cared but for the fact it's a rival and who regard it as a distraction from their primary aim for the season. But it's the ones who didn't turn up to that match who are really disrespecting the competition. Sure, whatever.

If they'd wanted a passionate full house they'd have shown the Coventry vs Stoke game.

I’ve probably missed the joke here, but not sure Coventry v Stoke is a great example. A crowd of 14k in a 33k capacity turned up for that local derby.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Surely that's the north / south divide ?

No, their adult tickets were not cheaper, but Young Adult and Junior tickets, usually comparable with ours in price, were significantly reduced.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Did you not see all the empty seats in the top tier at half time while the pundits were having a chat

They must have been having a bowl of scouse in hospitality.
Over 52 k there .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’ve probably missed the joke here, but not sure Coventry v Stoke is a great example. A crowd of 14k in a 33k capacity turned up for that local derby.

Local - Warwickshire and Staffordshire. I'm sure I'm being whooshed.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
It's ironic, for the past five years or so, Palace fans have been saying attendances are not important, It's what you do on the pitch, Now we have knocked them out the cup all that's being spoken about is the attendance and they don't care that they lost the game.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think this is another slightly bizarre and back-handed acknowledgement of the fact that we have 'arrived'. You don't get this sort of bollocks when you're a nobody in League One. 14,000 for a live Monday night game for two weakened sides with recent crowd trouble history, and transport issues, is fine. Move on, nothing to see here.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think this is another slightly bizarre and back-handed acknowledgement of the fact that we have 'arrived'. You don't get this sort of bollocks when you're a nobody in League One. 14,000 for a live Monday night game for two weakened sides with recent crowd trouble history, and transport issues, is fine. Move on, nothing to see here.

What were the 'transport issues'? Just wondering.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
If nobody watched on TV, the TV companies wouldn't pay the big bucks, the Premier League wouldn't be the be all and end all, the match would have been played on a Sat/Sun and the crowd would have likely been double.....................or are you only meant to pay a TV subscription to watch teams you don't support ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here