Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton fans show no respect towards the FA cup.....!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This. The saddest part is that the FA is so perverse, deranged and backward in every way that it can't even see that
its own cup is disappearing up its ar*e.

I’d like the Albion to win it before it does.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My take on this is it is not the fans but the clubs, all of the top 2 divisions do disrespect the fa cup now. Started when Man United were allowed to play in some meaningless south america competition about 10 years ago. That started the rot. A shame as it used to be such an epic and the fa cup run in 82/83 was the greatest time ever following this club for me

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The people showing disrespect to the FA Cup are those who schedule its games on a Monday night; those who pay telephone number money to show the Premier League, making it a must to stay in or get in; those who moved the final from being the only game at the end of the season, kicking off at 3 on a Saturday; those who made Cup Final Grandstand redundant; those who allowed semi finals at Wembley; those who allowed Spurs to have a season at Wembley; those who insisted on having penalties in the early rounds so as not to upset the season's tight schedule.

In other words the very pricks talking us down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly!

You can add, making the draw for the next round before all the previous rounds games have been played, into that as well.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
I was there last night because I wanted to be there and had the opportunity to be there. I don’t have an opinion on others who didn’t come, it’s their choice....however....

These radio shows and phone ins that are slating us, the fans, might want to realise that we had 2 away games over the Christmas period, one of which was the furthest away trip we have to make in the league this season. We also had to travel more than double the average distance that all the other Prem teams did over the same period. Money does not grow on trees and we can certainly never be accused of not backing our team after everything this club has been through.

They can say our attendance was low, obviously, but we didn’t disrespect the cup at all. It was a unique set of circumstances coming together all at the same time that meant many people couldn’t go, that’s it.

Funny how we are ‘under the Prem’ radar and written off or hardly spoken about but now they all want to talk about us!

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
When at Withdean we had a hardcore following of 3k. So 12-13k is not so bad. I am enjoying life being in the Premier League but a big part of it is having the plastic fan following us and it is not so good but better to be positive but deep down it is annoying. I see people at games who slated and hated the Albion in the darker days and would spend the money on watching the London teams. It has to be good for the clubs long term future as hopefully these JCL's kids will become future fans. It does still leave a bitter pill but it has to be a positive having the sell out gates for PL matches. It was a grear atmosphere last night. The North Stand was awesome in getting behind the team.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The fact that Palace didn't sell out their allocation either (despite the bullshit posts suggesting that they'd have sold four times that number if we'd given them the tickets) tells you everything about what this stage of the competition means to people.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There is a similarity between the way United are blamed for starting the prostitution of football to Maggie Thatcher still being blamed for the state of the country in 2018

The lack of social housing and the resulting clusterfvck that is Housing today IS the fault of Thatcher. Today's young generation, and the millions on Housing Benefit, are suffering as a direct result of the greed of Thatcher and her supporters all those years ago.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Wow.Show me one single sold out Prem stadium with full teams for the FA Cup otherwise those picking out Brighton should shut the f... up

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Wow.Show me one single sold out Prem stadium with full teams for the FA Cup otherwise those picking out Brighton should shut the f... up

Liverpool v Everton ?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It is what it is. Strikes, Crowd trouble, reserves and Monday night. All I would say is that those who did go last night should be first in the queue if we were to make a semi final or final when Cup apathy would inevitably be replaced by fever.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Liverpool v Everton ?

Never mind that. Let's have a round of applause for Palace respecting the FA Cup to the utmost by getting the f*** out at the earliest opportunity, thus meaning that no poor lower or non league minnow is forced to swallow the disappointment of knowing they've drawn a Premier League club away only to find the facilities are worse than the ones they use week in, week out.

the captain

May 21, 2013
I'm not bothered about the press accusing us of disrespecting the cup BUT I was shocked at the low turn out.For me this was a huge game Palace in the cup come on it doesn't get much bigger!For me.'83 was one of the greatest days/years of my life despite us getting relegated and Melia being a pillock, what about history Venebles/Mullery etc .I may not be as "pragmatic"as Hughton[who I love] but I can't help but feel sad that he has joined the bandwagon here by selecting a weaker team .Is West Brom really more important?I have lived in Newcastle for 30 years,have I lost touch with what the everyday fan at the Albion feels these days .The atmosphere at the away games feels the same but might be because I am mixing with the hardcore.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So they took a match between two rivals, shoved it out onto a Monday night in early January to hawk it round the TV broadcasters despite it featuring two teams who wouldn't have cared but for the fact it's a rival and who regard it as a distraction from their primary aim for the season. But it's the ones who didn't turn up to that match who are really disrespecting the competition. Sure, whatever.

If they'd wanted a passionate full house they'd have shown the Coventry vs Stoke game.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Liverpool v Everton ?

Although Liverpool charged close to their usual adult rates for that game, Young Adult tickets were £10.00 & Juniors were £5.00. Under 21 & U18 tickets for last night were £18.00 and £12.00 each.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Most our players last night have had first team experience and we won, dont see a case to answer.

wereas Palace? No Zaha etc?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
tJLfGmr.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here