Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Deplorable

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are advocating and supporting censorship of the press because you don’t want yourself or others to be able to read opinions you disagree with.
    You probably don’t even realise this is what you are doing.
    I cant emphasize enough how mind numbingly ignorant you are.
    Very true, and in some cases Machiavellian.
    https://www.steelonsteel.com/saul-al...-for-radicals/

At the very least, "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.“

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Deplorable

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Yes. But once again this and the sales figures for right wing tabloids 'shows' that it is the right wing nonsense that holds sway. Odd that you broflakes think that the small circulation 'left wing' newspapers influence the preumably gullable whereas the mass sale right wing tabloids presumably have no influence. Strange indeed.
      Neither Influences, they pander to peoples instincts and creeds, left and right. A noisy minority and a silent majority.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      You are advocating and supporting censorship of the press because you don’t want yourself or others to be able to read opinions you disagree with.
      You probably don’t even realise this is what you are doing.
      I cant emphasize enough how mind numbingly ignorant you are.
      You think @jim in the west is ignorant? Ha ha. And you think that a pressure group to dissuade advertisers pouring mony into the coffers of certain newspapers is 'censorship'? Give your head a wobble and spend a bit of time here:

http://www.dictionary.com/

FFS. The amount of broflakery on this thread is almost enough to have me DEMANDING that SOMETHING be DONE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JC Footy Genius View Post
      Many/ probably most of the Guardianista readership don't realise they are being manipulated/duped in exactly the same way as Mail readers .. bless em.
      I wonder if it might be possible that people might be able to work out for themselves what is good and bad in their own chosen newspapers, whether it is the Mail or the Guardian?
      "In football, everything is complicated by the presence of the opposing team". Jean-Paul Sartre.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      Neither Influences, they pander to peoples instincts and creeds, left and right. A noisy minority and a silent majority.
      Given that you obviously appear to assume you are part of the majority, it would be heartwarming if you put your dictum into practice, and extended to us noisy people the benfit of your silence.

Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jonnyrovers View Post
      Popular misconception that Branson plays an active role in any of the businesses that carry the Virgin Branding. He doesn't. He just takes the cash. Virgin Trains, Virgin Media, Virgin Airlines etc are all 100% independent of each other and largely independent of him.

Assigning responsibility for this decision to Branson equates to blaming my 6 yr old daughter for the global financial crash.

I don't like him either btw...
      Not forgetting the ones he sold off but still carry the brand.

On the subject of "brands" like it or loath it the Daily Mail has particular brand that is obviously very successful.

I don't think this decision by Virgin is anything more than a purely "commercial" decision. Some blue sky thinkers blocked booked at large room at Virgin Trains HW with some large pieces of paper and "re-imagined" the brand.

0 Not allowed!
      You think @jim in the west is ignorant? Ha ha. And you think that a pressure group to dissuade advertisers pouring mony into the coffers of certain newspapers is 'censorship'? Give your head a wobble and spend a bit of time here:

http://www.dictionary.com/

FFS. The amount of broflakery on this thread is almost enough to have me DEMANDING that SOMETHING be DONE.

He is more than ignorant, he is a fool as well.
      Anyone who thinks they(stop fundinghate) dont want these publications damaged to such an extent by lack of advertising that they would cease to operate is a cretin
      Anyone who thinks they are doing it to simply change the content of the publications would after all obviously be morons. And further more be morons advocating censorship.

Is broflakery a word you invented yourself?.Its not very catchy.
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.
      Minister of Information

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Monkey View Post
      The Star makes no secret of being a comic, unlike The Mail. Being a journalist on the Mail is dirty, soul selling work akin to being a defence solicitor representing someone like Ian Huntley.

A friend of mine, who has profile in the music industry, has first hand experience of the methods of this filthy and vile rag. Pure evil.
      I've lost my way. If anyone should find it, do return it quickly. I should imagine it quite rusty by now.

1 Not allowed!
      He is more than ignorant, he is a fool as well.
      Anyone who thinks they(stop fundinghate) dont want these publications damaged to such an extent by lack of advertising that they would cease to operate is a cretin
      Anyone who thinks they are doing it to simply change the content of the publications would after all obviously be morons. And further more be morons advocating censorship.

Is broflakery a word you invented yourself?.Its not very catchy.
      The chances of our ever meeting, let alone having an actual conversation, are mercifully miniscule.

0 Not allowed!
      The chances of our ever meeting, let alone having an actual conversation, are mercifully miniscule.
      I agree, though i dont know why it even crossed your mind.
      Mercifully the people i go to football with are nothing like you. Snowflakes are not really our cup of tea.
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.