Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Virgin bin The Daily Mail

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh the Irony, doing a hit peice on a paper that sells ten times the amount than the one you have linked/shilled for.

Are you familiar with the words quantity and quality? This is a ludicrous argument.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Really....the Daily Mail sells ten times as many papers as the Guardian...?

I never knew that. If true, restores my faith that not everyone is blinkered by left wing shit.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I always find it amusing when people start making judgements based on what newspaper a person reads. From my experience, most people don't choose their political allegiances based on what paper they take home from the newsagents. I quite often read the Guardian because I think it's quite well written and has some good articles. I'm certainly not left leaning in my political persuasion.

I don't read the Daily Mail because it's badly written and obsessed with sensationalist headlines. I'm just interested in knowing what is going on in the World.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I never knew that. If true, restores my faith that not everyone is blinkered by left wing shit.

Indeed. Ten times as many are blinkered by right wing shit. :shrug:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's this kind of stuff that does my head in.

Stop funding hate can do one.

Paperchase need to grow a backbone.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42058103

Stop Funding Hate is a great organisation. I contribute. If we didn't have so much bile (bordering on racism) in our gutter press the world would be a nicer place. Incidentally, I've spent quite a bit of time in hospital waiting rooms recently....it amazes me how many patients (or their carers) pick up the DM. I'm also amazed hospitals provide it, given the DM's stance on EU nurses/doctors, etc.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Are you familiar with the words quantity and quality? This is a ludicrous argument.

Yes correct, or did you mean Quantity OR Qualtity? The 2 are quite often correlated.

Anyway your thread has nothing to do with The Mail as such but yet another thread promoting a far left agenda for media censorship, and by exstention what could be considered open to debate. A small step to "Daily Mail Readers" then another one to "People expressing Daily Mail style Opinions" Its only because the moderators are crap and dont know what they are doing that you and your ilk get away with it.

After all you dont have a hope in hell of getting the rag shut down so it has to be a coded political attack on other posters on here or trying to create an atmosphere that is genial towards that goal.

But luckily there are people on here who see what you are up to and happy enough to point it out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harold! I hope you're not calling all Holy Grail readers racist thickos!

My comment was about the paper and its effects, not the readers. Mind you, the Fail readers I have know differ from Star readers only in terms of the extent of their desire for a daily dose of tabloid tit and bum :facepalm:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
My comment was about the paper and its effects, not the readers. Mind you, the Fail readers I have know differ from Star readers only in terms of the extent of their desire for a daily dose of tabloid tit and bum :facepalm:

The Star makes no secret of being a comic, unlike The Mail. Being a journalist on the Mail is dirty, soul selling work akin to being a defence solicitor representing someone like Ian Huntley.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Popular misconception that Branson plays an active role in any of the businesses that carry the Virgin Branding. He doesn't. He just takes the cash. Virgin Trains, Virgin Media, Virgin Airlines etc are all 100% independent of each other and largely independent of him.

Assigning responsibility for this decision to Branson equates to blaming my 6 yr old daughter for the global financial crash.

I don't like him either btw...

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

You can always tell that people are not blinkered by left wing nonsense by the fact that the only Labour leader voted in as PM in the last 40 years is Tony Blair.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Popular misconception that Branson plays an active role in any of the businesses that carry the Virgin Branding. He doesn't. He just takes the cash. Virgin Trains, Virgin Media, Virgin Airlines etc are all 100% independent of each other and largely independent of him.

Assigning responsibility for this decision to Branson equates to blaming my 6 yr old daughter for the global financial crash.

100% true. I can also tell you that the decision to stop stocking the paper on board he trains really wasn’t driven by any campaign or brand alignment drive but for commercial factors.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Its up to the Mail to behave responsibly, if they do they wont get the wrath of such pressure groups.

Stop Funding Hate is a great organisation. I contribute. If we didn't have so much bile (bordering on racism) in our gutter press the world would be a nicer place. Incidentally, I've spent quite a bit of time in hospital waiting rooms recently....it amazes me how many patients (or their carers) pick up the DM. I'm also amazed hospitals provide it, given the DM's stance on EU nurses/doctors, etc.

You are advocating and supporting censorship of the press because you don’t want yourself or others to be able to read opinions you disagree with.
You probably don’t even realise this is what you are doing.
I cant emphasize enough how mind numbingly ignorant you are.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Very true but he also likes the odd gimmick and publicity stunt, this reaks of Branson given his and the DMs Brexit views and isn't something you would expect to come from the boardroom.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You can always tell that people are not blinkered by left wing nonsense by the fact that the only Labour leader voted in as PM in the last 40 years is Tony Blair.

Yes. But once again this and the sales figures for right wing tabloids 'shows' that it is the right wing nonsense that holds sway. Odd that you broflakes think that the small circulation 'left wing' newspapers influence the preumably gullable whereas the mass sale right wing tabloids presumably have no influence. Strange indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here