Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boro Away - Ticket info post #83 "attendance data will be obtained from Middlesbrough"

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
£125 return with BA no same day flight available back home so sat/sun Heathrow to Newcastle

Cheapest by train i could find with no railcard from essex was £107.68p .

Lets hope the tickets are cheap

Not bothered looking about the price of coaches , wild horses couldn't drag me on one going that far unless i was playing .

Not sure why all of a sudden flybe from Southampton to Newcastle have stopped the late return did it for Newcastle league great fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
No chance, big game for Boro against a PL side. Given the home team are now able to dictate ticket prices, expect full price for this one

Is it bollocks. If we had Burnley in the cup at home last year would you have considered it a big game?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I’m going to stick my neck out here and say we won’t need that many!

I’m going to the Panto on the Saturday, so had already ruled out attending a cup game.

Be very surprised if more than 1,000 go

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Away allocation will be around the 4500 mark, same with Man City in the QF last year. Sunderland had 4400 last weekend. Slightly under the 15% due to segregation under the stands. Oxford were initially given 2500 and sold them and received a further 500 tickets.

Club usually prices them about right to get decent attendances in the cups over recent years, see below. Expect it to be around the same as v Sunderland price wise. Was £13 season ticket holders, £18 non season ticket holders.

Home matches recently in fa cup recently.

2016 v Burnley 18286
2017 v sheff wed 23661
2017 v Accrington 24040
2017 v Oxford 28198
2017 v Man City 32328
2018 v Sunderland 26399

So Boro charged £13 to STH, £18 to others for a Saturday 3pm game against their biggest rivals and got 26,000, the Albion charged £25 for a televised game on a Monday night and only got 14,000.

Is it too much to ask that our club should look at the way Boro treat cup matches and do something similar? Just get the seats filled FFS. We're not Reading.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So Boro charged £13 to STH, £18 to others for a Saturday 3pm game against their biggest rivals and got 26,000, the Albion charged £25 for a televised game on a Monday night and only got 14,000.

Is it too much to ask that our club should look at the way Boro treat cup matches and do something similar? Just get the seats filled FFS. We're not Reading.

Good shout, this. Sadly, we'll never know what the attendance would have been if the match was on a Saturday and cheaper. (Well, unless we draw them next season)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m going to stick my neck out here and say we won’t need that many!

I’m going to the Panto on the Saturday, so had already ruled out attending a cup game.

OH NO YOU'RE NOT!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's hard to know what's drawing me back the most. Is it the ship, gently rusting in sight of the ground? The smog? The cold? The six fingered locals swathed in Mackenzie and sporting Croydon facelifts? God, the list of unmissable attractions goes on and on.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
It's hard to know what's drawing me back the most. Is it the ship, gently rusting in sight of the ground? The smog? The cold? The six fingered locals swathed in Mackenzie and sporting Croydon facelifts? God, the list of unmissable attractions goes on and on.

Probably the worst place I have ever visited watching the Albion. Utterly dreadful, really the pits - that ship towers over the ground like some malevolent ghost. And the walk to the ground from the 1930's town centre - depressing doesn't cover it at all. But there's some small part of me saying " go on, wouldn't you like to pay them back for that awful day in May 16".
The other part saying " don't be so bloody stupid".

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Yep me and the boys will be there. Only 45 mins down the road. A great opportunity to get a match in where loyality points scheme won't stop us getting a ticket. I've been to this ground more than any other, other than our own. It's usually a fairly dull soulless ground but last time out it was one of the most incredible atomospheres I ever seen in an English league ground. Back to the usual shit with goal music and some spotty youths with a naff drum in a corner trying to create some noise. I hope Mike Dean's the ref. He was so brilliant last time we played Boro

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here