Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've heard the club attempted to charter a train to get fans to and from Boro, but it hasn't proved possible (something to do with the bit back South of London).
    Shame that couldn't be arranged, would have definitely gone if I could get the train for a reasonable price..

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Marty___Mcfly View Post
      I guess the question is - are the club charging non-season ticket holders a £5 premium, or are they funding a £5 discount for STHs??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Looking at the pricing of their third round game, I believe itís Ďboro and not the Albion giving the discount. Iím surprised they do it for away fans, though, rather than just home fans. Perhaps itís one of those rules that they have to match the offers. They certainly didnít give season ticket holders any discount when we were up there recently for the end of season games.

0 Not allowed!
      Work trip will mean I probably won't make this. After last time I can't say I'm too disappointed to be honest. Grim, grey dump of a place seemingly full of groups of feral gobby nob-ends drunk on cheap cider looking for someone to kick off at (even though they'd won).

Might still try though

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Do you think it ever gets sunny there?
      Last time on the drive up it was a stunning morning.
      But when I left the A1 there was a weird dark sky to the East. Just south of the town the temperature dropped about 5 degrees and the fog was thick. Drab, grey and depressing....
      But getting to the fifth round will make it worthwhile

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
      Do you think it ever gets sunny there?
      Last time on the drive up it was a stunning morning.
      But when I left the A1 there was a weird dark sky to the East. Just south of the town the temperature dropped about 5 degrees and the fog was thick. Drab, grey and depressing....
      But getting to the fifth round will make it worthwhile
      Last time or the time before last we left the south coast and it was nearly 20 degrees, we arrived and it was 5 degrees and cold fog. I suspect it was the same game you are talking about. My sun loving wife nearly cried.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
      Looking at the pricing of their third round game, I believe it’s ‘boro and not the Albion giving the discount. I’m surprised they do it for away fans, though, rather than just home fans. Perhaps it’s one of those rules that they have to match the offers. They certainly didn’t give season ticket holders any discount when we were up there recently for the end of season games.
      The rules were changed last season - although the price for home and away tickets have to be the same standard prices, the home side now sets the price in the FA Cup. It used to be both clubs would come to an agreement. 5 years ago up there in the cup for example, it was both clubs that agreed tickets would be £10 for 'boro v Hastings United in the 3rd round.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      Last time or the time before last we left the south coast and it was nearly 20 degrees, we arrived and it was 5 degrees and cold fog. I suspect it was the same game you are talking about. My sun loving wife nearly cried.
      That was the last one. Insanely cold just like my only previous visit in 1992.

0 Not allowed!
      Only seem to just be selling block 44 at the moment. Which is the low down block. Don't fancy that, so will wait to buy when other blocks are available.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      The same when leaving town. A bleak cold day suddenly became gloriously sunny when we were only a few miles away, and so it remained all the way home. Which was a stark contrast to my mood.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      The same when leaving town. A bleak cold day suddenly became gloriously sunny when we were only a few miles away, and so it remained all the way home. Which was a stark contrast to my mood.
      Just imagine a happy smiling The Complete And Utter Shyster driving back in the sunshine. How are you feeling now?