Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boro Away - Ticket info post #83 "attendance data will be obtained from Middlesbrough"

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I've heard the club attempted to charter a train to get fans to and from Boro, but it hasn't proved possible (something to do with the bit back South of London).

Shame that couldn't be arranged, would have definitely gone if I could get the train for a reasonable price..

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I guess the question is - are the club charging non-season ticket holders a £5 premium, or are they funding a £5 discount for STHs??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the pricing of their third round game, I believe it’s ‘boro and not the Albion giving the discount. I’m surprised they do it for away fans, though, rather than just home fans. Perhaps it’s one of those rules that they have to match the offers. They certainly didn’t give season ticket holders any discount when we were up there recently for the end of season games.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Work trip will mean I probably won't make this. After last time I can't say I'm too disappointed to be honest. Grim, grey dump of a place seemingly full of groups of feral gobby nob-ends drunk on cheap cider looking for someone to kick off at (even though they'd won).

Might still try though [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Do you think it ever gets sunny there?
Last time on the drive up it was a stunning morning.
But when I left the A1 there was a weird dark sky to the East. Just south of the town the temperature dropped about 5 degrees and the fog was thick. Drab, grey and depressing....
But getting to the fifth round will make it worthwhile [emoji2]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Do you think it ever gets sunny there?
Last time on the drive up it was a stunning morning.
But when I left the A1 there was a weird dark sky to the East. Just south of the town the temperature dropped about 5 degrees and the fog was thick. Drab, grey and depressing....
But getting to the fifth round will make it worthwhile [emoji2]

Last time or the time before last we left the south coast and it was nearly 20 degrees, we arrived and it was 5 degrees and cold fog. I suspect it was the same game you are talking about. My sun loving wife nearly cried.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Looking at the pricing of their third round game, I believe it’s ‘boro and not the Albion giving the discount. I’m surprised they do it for away fans, though, rather than just home fans. Perhaps it’s one of those rules that they have to match the offers. They certainly didn’t give season ticket holders any discount when we were up there recently for the end of season games.

The rules were changed last season - although the price for home and away tickets have to be the same standard prices, the home side now sets the price in the FA Cup. It used to be both clubs would come to an agreement. 5 years ago up there in the cup for example, it was both clubs that agreed tickets would be £10 for 'boro v Hastings United in the 3rd round.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Last time or the time before last we left the south coast and it was nearly 20 degrees, we arrived and it was 5 degrees and cold fog. I suspect it was the same game you are talking about. My sun loving wife nearly cried.
That was the last one. Insanely cold just like my only previous visit in 1992.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Only seem to just be selling block 44 at the moment. Which is the low down block. Don't fancy that, so will wait to buy when other blocks are available.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The same when leaving town. A bleak cold day suddenly became gloriously sunny when we were only a few miles away, and so it remained all the way home. Which was a stark contrast to my mood.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The same when leaving town. A bleak cold day suddenly became gloriously sunny when we were only a few miles away, and so it remained all the way home. Which was a stark contrast to my mood.

Just imagine a happy smiling Mike Dean driving back in the sunshine. How are you feeling now?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Only seem to just be selling block 44 at the moment. Which is the low down block. Don't fancy that, so will wait to buy when other blocks are available.

Oh, didn't noticed that.Hopefully it won't be raining or I'll get soaked.

Although given the attractiveness of this fixture i expect it will be sit anywhere with lots of empty seats

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Oh, didn't noticed that.Hopefully it won't be raining or I'll get soaked.

Although given the attractiveness of this fixture i expect it will be sit anywhere with lots of empty seats

Probably too cold to rain!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Where are you seeing this ? can't seem to find it on Brighton away ticket pages

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Weather certainly was odd. Stunning evening in York the night before, sitting outside pubs in a tee shirt. Then get to boro and its about ten degrees colder and thick with fog. Fair play to anyone going back

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Weather certainly was odd. Stunning evening in York the night before, sitting outside pubs in a tee shirt. Then get to boro and its about ten degrees colder and thick with fog. Fair play to anyone going back

There's a reason they're called the Smoggies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here