Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why the no shows v Pal-arse?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I don't think so many people missed it. Those who were broke after Christmas could go to the pub, or watch it at home on tv.
Those who find travel midweek could watch on tv.
Those who were working could watch on their mobiles via tv.
Those who were ill could watch it on tv.

There's your nonsense.

I wasn't there but I didn't miss it.

I do find the faux outrage so funny though. Like the only thing some people have in their lives is the football club.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
It was great, really good fun, so glad I didn't miss it. Finally I've seen us beat Palace!! - first time for 43 years!

Its probably a little look ahead to next time we're mid-table in the championship, we'll be getting crowds like that, and certainly not all bad at all - the fans made a lot of noise, the travel was easy, very few early leavers, and best of all for me, an incredibly positive atmosphere throughout the stadium. Never heard so few moans at an Amex game.

OveralI, for those who decided they didn't want to go, you really weren't missed

1st time you’ve seen us beat palace?! You must be a top supporter :laugh:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why do people have to justify why they did or didn't go to a football match (AGAIN)? As it happens there are about eight reasons as to why I didn't go, but I'm not sure how my non-attendance affects people who DID go.

I couldn't care less about what other clubs think about the Albion, their players or supporters. Nor do I care about the rivalry with Palace. In fact, I don't care what fellow supports think about the fact that I don't care! :thumbsup:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why do people have to justify why they did or didn't go to a football match (AGAIN)? As it happens there are about eight reasons as to why I didn't go, but I'm not sure how my non-attendance affects people who DID go.

I couldn't care less about what other clubs think about the Albion, their players or supporters. Nor do I care about the rivalry with Palace. In fact, I don't care what fellow supports think about the fact that I don't care! :thumbsup:

Ah but you do care, why else come on NSC and pretend you had a eight whole reasons why you could not go and then tell us you don't care about our Rivals, this, that and the other....

I feel you do care and are probably an insecure care bear looking for a cuddle and comfort.....

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ah but you do care, why else come on NSC and pretend you had a eight whole reasons why you could not go and then tell us you don't care about our Rivals, this, that and the other....

I feel you do care and are probably an insecure care bear looking for a cuddle and comfort.....

There's nothing wrong with a cuddle and some comfort.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
My reasons : £25 in January just after Christmas, normally play a lot of kids and reserves, Monday night and live on tv.
If it had been a daytime fixture at the weekend and not on tv I might have made the effort.

If that makes me a bad fan then so be it.

It's got nothing to do with being a bad fan and a lot of those who didn't go are taking in that manner and taking it personally. As has been pointed out a million times, everyone has their reasons. I don't care about individual X, Y or Z. It's got nothing to do with being a super fan or a bad fan. It's got nothing to do with loyalty. It's just disappointing that as a club, where we bang on about how big a rivarly we have with Palace, that only 14k show up. You, Easy10, Bozza not showing up should make no bloody difference, people miss games all the time for varying reasons. The disappointment is the thousands of people missing, you'd expect this game to be important enough regardless of team strength, TV coverage, price etc to demand a high crowd. Our rivalry is clearly not as big a deal as some like to think it is. Hopefully the police will take note and not bother being so OTT in the future.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I really don't and I'm OK for cuddles. But thanks for the offer – another time, maybe :kiss:

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I would have gone if it had been any other club than Palace . I dislike them so much I could not bring myself to watch them . Over the years they have gone bust and got away with not paying the small people in life like St Johns. I felt they got away with so much misbehaviour at our league game . I cannot believe that they put people in hospital and there were no arrests . They wrecked the league game and children near me were terrified. Coming away from the ground the police expected all the Brighton fans to struggle through a small path behind a barrier at the bottom of the steps .I thought that since the league game there would have been arrests through CCTv footage but no, and it makes me dislike them even more.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Cool.

Saving the ticket price, travel, beer and a pie money you can now afford Sky for a few months and you can watch Chelsea if you want in the comfort of your own home.

Thanks for the tip.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=170346

Can you imagine Brighton turning up at Shithurst and the Park being half empty.
Pathetic fans Brighton.
If you had let us we would have filled the stadium. :lol:
Mind you, to be fair your singing was ok.
The powers that be need to loosen up and let us in, they are killing the atmosphere.
Something was weird with this game. It was killed before the start.
The result was irrelevant.
This game was ruled by pc fools.
Let them get a grip and football is dead.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Except that last time we were mid table or in fact bottom of the Championship , we didn't.

Yes, although we did have a very high number of STH from the successful season previous.In fact, the average attendance the year we finished 3rd was lower than the previous season when we finished 20th because so many people cancelled their season tickets after that poor season. Suddenly an extra 2.5k turned up on average last season, following on from the 3rd place season.

Give it a few years of struggling and we'd soon see our attendances nose dive. Hopefully it doesn't happen. We need a good long stint either in the top flight or challenging to get back into it over the next 20 years to really grow our fanbase. Missed out on a generation or so at Withdean.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I would have gone if it had been any other club than Palace . I dislike them so much I could not bring myself to watch them . Over the years they have gone bust and got away with not paying the small people in life like St Johns. I felt they got away with so much misbehaviour at our league game . I cannot believe that they put people in hospital and there were no arrests . They wrecked the league game and children near me were terrified. Coming away from the ground the police expected all the Brighton fans to struggle through a small path behind a barrier at the bottom of the steps .I thought that since the league game there would have been arrests through CCTv footage but no, and it makes me dislike them even more.

What a load of tosh!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Give it a few years of struggling and we'd soon see our attendances nose dive.

We were 10th in our first season of the Champ but couldn't meet demand.
We were 20th in our fourth season in the Champ but still attendances / ST holders held up.
We now have a long waiting list for STickets and all our home games sell out.
This might happen and clearly 30K crowds for a struggling Champ team or L1 is unlikely but nosedive to 10-15K. ? Really ?
Currently 18 out of the 24 Champ teams have average crowds higher than last nights Cup game. 2 L1 teams do.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
"Nonsense". Dear oh dear.

See you at West Brom on Saturday, yeah?

...and at Huddersfield and Swansea and Newcastle.......wonder how many of those pouring scorn on non attendees ' bothered ' to attend those games or did something prevent them going? Guess they won't make Stoke or Everton either....funny that.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
it isnt the main concern , but you may as well watch the game in complete silence if what youre saying is true

You are clearly out to denigrate anyone who doesn't pursue the Palace rivalry to the nth degree. Some of us just don't get all consumed by it and wrapped up in hate and bile.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I assume all the fans who are calling the likes of me plastic have their Stoke tickets sorted this morning and will see you all at West Brom on Sat.

I doubt it.
Last night was probably first game of the season for some...." Oh, I can't get tickets ".... " Haven't got enough points "...." always working " etc..... Palace always brings a certain type out of the woodwork.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Well, Newbie is comparative. I started folllwing Albion and going to matches during the Withdean years. No, I'm not a lifelong supporter but I don't feel I have to justify that.

As for the rivalry, I have some good friends who are Palace and we have only ever treated it as an excuse for some mild ribbing and a bit of a laugh. I don't feel I have to foam at the mouth over Palace to be a good supporter.

I suppose everyone is different.

Yes they are.
Not everyone gets the rivalry as much as some others do. Its not a crime. Some of us find it hard to understand how a London club ( closer to 13 other league clubs ) are our deadly rivals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here