Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why the no shows v Pal-arse?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Couldnt care less who went and didnt its a free world, I did go and enjoywd a great night best atmosphere of the season in the north.
I do have 1 question though if everything else was the same but it was a league game would there still have been the same apathy, I really believe the cup is dying on its arse.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
So disappointing a turn out that people are questioning if this a rivalry of note - very disappointing indeed.

What was your excuse?

just got back from the game, quite enjoyable really, right result, enough doubt in the game to make it interesting, the players gave 100% and those around me in the north supported the team so what's not to like?
seeing Sammy B back in the side was the highlight for me.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It was so good to shut them up with that last minute winner. So ****ing good.
Particularly as we had wasted 4 gilt edged opportunities before that, and it felt totally predictable that they would nick it in the last minute.
And then Uwe and Muzza combine to score won of the most sublimely ugly goals of the season.
In front of a three quarters full North Stand..

And we shut those gobby, pikey wankers up, good and proper..
Glad I didn't miss that.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To put tonights pricing into perspective, for this Wednesday's League Cup semi final, Arsenal v Chelsea, ALL lower tier adult seats at the Emirates are £10, £5 for concessions. A London derby, a major cup semi final and yet they have to offer £10 and £5 (five pounds!) tickets such is fan apathy for midweek cup competition fixtures, even at the semi final stage.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
To put tonights pricing into perspective, for this Wednesday's League Cup semi final, Arsenal v Chelsea, ALL lower tier adult seats at the Emirates are £10, £5 for concessions. A London derby, a major cup semi final and yet they have to offer £10 and £5 (five pounds!) tickets such is fan apathy for midweek cup competition fixtures, even at the semi final stage.

The Premier League and Champions League have completely killed the cups

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The Fackup is over after round 2 for me these days. all the entertainment is lower down the pecking order.

One way to rejuvenate it would be a Euro place for winners but no premiershyte teams allowed.

I was rehearsing as I do on Mondays, if I'd known it was half empty and could have easily got in, I'd have gone, football isn't easy any more. A part of the reason is, no turnstiles, so no turn up. The Stadium being relatively inaccessible doesn't help either.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
So disappointing a turn out that people are questioning if this a rivalry of note - very disappointing indeed.

What was your excuse?

Think you need to ask the club and OB what their excuses are for - charging STH full price for cup games, the crappiest night possible to have a game, shite trains and complete bell-endery from the OB. See what happens in April when we have to go to Shathurst for what will no doubt be a relegation decider.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You know, it just doesn't matter now. That was a fantastic game, great atmosphere, great fun and if people didn't want to go to that, well who cares anymore. There was a time when we'd have killed to be able to get 15,000 through the gates at a Brighton game, and it was a pleasure to spend that evening with another 12,000 or however many likeminded Brighton fans who really cared about the football. One of the best crowds I've been in, no doubt

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
That is the quickest I've ever been home from a game at The Amex :)

I think it's clear that the powers that be made it as hard as possible for people to go. I don't blame anyone for not going tonight, but it being them lot, I didn't want to miss it.

This - I quite like the low attendance - Arrived an hour later than normal at Mill Road P&R; plenty of space. On the first batch of buses after the game and back on the A23 within 20 minutes of the match ending.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Who cares. Those who made the decision not to go just missed us beat Palace and knock them out of the FA Cup.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Kayal, Goldson, Uwe and Scheletto all played well and will be used in the run in when injuries, suspension and fatigue kick in. Beating our rivals for a change was great, loved it.

Do not understand any Albion fan not wanting to be at the game when they could easily have made it. Never mind, I’m sure you’ll make a big effort to get to the games against the top six, especially if we beat Boro and draw one of them.

Too many plastics imo, but I guess we need them.

Platics, love it - I make a decision based as I see it not to attend and that makes me a plastic. Probably similar to the plastic seats I had to sit on at Priestfield and Withdean and The Goldstone.

This idea that if you don't attend a game against Palace then you're not a real fan is quite frankly laughable.

I don't care two hoots about Palace and I was there at Stamford Bridge for THAT cup game that was the catalyst for this modern day rivalry!

Last edited:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
It was so good to shut them up with that last minute winner. So ****ing good.
Particularly as we had wasted 4 gilt edged opportunities before that, and it felt totally predictable that they would nick it in the last minute.
And then Uwe and Muzza combine to score won of the most sublimely ugly goals of the season.
In front of a three quarters full North Stand..

And we shut those gobby, pikey wankers up, good and proper..
Glad I didn't miss that.

This!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not sure why you keep putting down our fans, when the tournament obviously is the problem. And the scheduling.

There were more Albion fans there tonight than Palace fans at their last FA Cup match - at home against Man City, 3pm on a Saturday (not on TV).

Want to bitch about rivalries? Ask Palace how many were at Selhurst last time they hosted Millwall. It was less than 2/3rds full.

Because we all know that had this game been against Man Utd or Liverpool, suddenly the fact that it was on a Monday night and in the FA Cup wouldn’t have been an issue. It would have been packed to the rafters full of ‘loyal’ Albion fans, excited about seeing their teams. That’s the reality of our support, I don’t see how anyone can deny that.

Careful voicing an opinion lad. You'll have someone reply sarcastically saying you're a superfan who deserves a gold star in a minute.

I’m definitely not a superfan, I’ve been to about three away games in four years. I can’t really be arsed with he hassle of it all anymore. But we drew Palace in the cup, and I’m a Brighton fan, so no way was I going to miss it. Even though it was a Monday night (because Monday is just so different to Tuesday) and there might have been some bangers let off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This - I quite like the low attendance - Arrived an hour later than normal at Mill Road P&R; plenty of space. On the first batch of buses after the game and back on the A23 within 20 minutes of the match ending.

The same. We left after clapping the team off, got on the second bus for the Racecourse & drove back home for 10.25.
Marvellous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here