Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Meeting at work in London would have made it very tight for time. Either a late train back with a risk of missing connections in London or a pricey rush hour train up this morning. Alternative was a guaranteed viewing of the game with a beer in hand at home warming my arthritic and ageing joints and giving them an early night. If I had lived and worked in Sussex I would definitely have been there but with the added travelling I focus on trying to get to games covered by my S/T. Plastic fan I guess.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BN41Albion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      But could you not say the same about pretty much every club outside the big ones nowadays then? Look at other club's attendances and how they fluctuate between pretty bang average to near sell outs when in the prem/play big teams in the cup. Its not just us. And if i remember rightly, its happened for a damn sight longer than 'modern' times
      I don’t know really. Maybe. But then could you see Sheff Weds, for example, having a half-empty stadium against Sheff Utd at home in the cup? Or Newcastle against Sunderland? Or even the Bristol clubs? I can’t see it.

It’s the same reason that means the Amex fans need the players to lift them, rather than the other way around, like at clubs who create a really good atmosphere. Demographics of Sussex rather than some gritty Northern hell-hole. I’d much rather this and live where I live though.

Am I the only person who would bite your hand off to win the FA Cup even if it meant getting relegated?
      "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
      It is. We clearly have big numbers of people who like to watch us, but our support is very ‘modern-football’ i.e. would rather watch us play against a big club in a corporate, sterile affair than against our rivals in the cup. Although when the club ban people for gesticulating at the away end, it’s hardly surprising.

It is no coincidence that last night was one of the best atmospheres of the season in the North, despite the ground being half-empty.
      youre wasting your time trying to.explain to some people mate.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TWOCHOICEStom View Post
      The reasons are very simple.

- £25 just after Christmas
      - Monday night
      - On TV
      - The Ultras actually succeeded in scaring parents into not bringing their kids
      - FA Cup
      - Train strikes
      - Many of our new fans don't care about the rivalry

We did not want this to be a full house (hence the price) and dare I say that neither club really wanted to progress to the next round. It was all a bit of a vanilla affair wasn't it?

Which is a shame. I agree with the sentiments of many who are disappointed with our fans. I was too. But the reality is that the rivalry we have is no longer a big enough factor for people.

Similarly to the early-leavers. We aren't a club supported solely by working-class men with nothing in their lives except the football club. We've got more casual (but still loyal) fans. This match gave those people enough reasons to give it a swerve. And I don't really blame them if I'm being honest.
      Bollocks

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      Nibble@Wrong-Direction is one of the biggest idiots on this board.
      Members

6 Not allowed!
      Made the trip from Copenhagen for this one and was disappointed a few more didn't put far less effort into attending.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game though and definitely worth the trip.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wrong-Direction View Post
      Bollocks

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      ... What bit was bollocks exactly? Have you got a better explanation for the 15k empty seats?

0 Not allowed!
      I was confused by their attendance too. I thought they were meant to have 2,000 tickets. Didn’t look like 2,000 there to me
      I'm in the mood for ska
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Are we still banging on about this?
      So people have other priorities that happen to come before football, the shock of it!
      Get over it FFS.
      ''At times, Brighton looked so comfortable they could have been settling into an armchair with a nice mug of hot tea and a plate of biscuits.''

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by darkwolf666 View Post
      Platics, love it - I make a decision based as I see it not to attend and that makes me a plastic. Probably similar to the plastic seats I had to sit on at Priestfield and Withdean and The Goldstone.
      Plastic seats ? You had it lucky

Quote Originally Posted by TWOCHOICEStom View Post
      ... What bit was bollocks exactly? Have you got a better explanation for the 15k empty seats?
      I think you missed the 8 changes to the starting 11

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by 1066familyman View Post
      That is the quickest I've ever been home from a game at The Amex :-)

Back home in Maldon, Essex before midninght. First time ever from The Amex!
      In this great future you can't forget your past