Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why the no shows v Pal-arse?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Couldn't be arsed....

Don't buy the whole rivalry thing and didn't fancy watching our reserves - having said that I watched the Barnet cup game with our reserve reserves, so maybe I just didn't fancy watching Palace!

you dont "buy" the whole.rivalry thing ? i question what.youre doing going go football in the first place ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
In years to come there will be at least 40000 Brighton who attended tonight to watch us outplay Palace

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
But it does mean that Brighton fans will surely stop going on about othed clubs being "tinpot" or "plastic" fans , tonights attendance was a joke for a.premier league club playing their bitter rivals.

This 100%. Everything that is said about us by rival fans was proved right tonight. We are a nouveaux rich, plastic club, simple as that. No coincidence that the atmosphere was great tonight.

People think that a drum would be ‘tinpot’, yet we can’t sell more than 12,500 tickets against our biggest rivals. Regardless of the competition, that is pathetic.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I went tonight, didn’t care that we played a lot of squad players, they’re still decent players in their own right - and of course, it was against the old enemy. However, I do think the club got their pricing wrong tonight. If they’d made the tickets cheaper with the game falling so soon after Christmas then i’m sure we’d have sold out and the club would have made more money as a result. Was very disappointing to see so many empty seats.

If the club wanted the ground full they could have charged a tenner a ticket and still been ok

They didnt, read into that what you will, just my opinion, this was a hassle fixture for all involved, so pleased there is not a replay

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
1) Would have cost me £55 I don't have just for the tickets for me and my two boys
2) Don't finish work until 6:30pm
3) Have to do the Dad taxi thing to take my eldest to his trampoline club

So instead I

1) watched the first 30 minutes on my mobile whilst sat in the car park of the trampoline club supping on a large Costa coffee
2) listened to Warren and JC for the last 15 minutes of the first half driving back from said trampoline club
3) cracked open a bottle of red, settled into my chair and enjoyed the second half on the "big" screen in my lounge

Very pleasant it was too.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
It's considered cool not to be interested in England on this forum

Now it's considered cool not to be interested in Brighton v palace :facepalm:

Jesus ****ing wept!

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Laughable attendance tonight against our rivals. Tbf we all knew it was going to happen but still had it been Liverpool/Man utd would have been far more. Have to say though one of the best atmospheres in the north stand this season. Perhaps everyone who couldn't be arsed tonight should stay away for the rest of the season???????

Oh well at least we got to see us beat our rivals (biggest fixtures of our season). Great night to be a Brighton fan and even better that Muzza got the winner :bounce::bounce:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
It's considered cool not to be interested in England on this forum

Now it's considered cool not to be interested in Brighton v palace :facepalm:

Jesus ****ing wept!

It really isn't that - people have a life hey. Wont be the same at Smellhurst, anyway, done with these stoopid threads, cheerio and big up to our hardcore that earned their stripes tonight, in 20 years you can say "I was there" to your children and grandchildren and the story will get passed down for generations to come about how you were Brightons loyalist fan ever and you were there

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
So disappointing a turn out that people are questioning if this a rivalry of note - very disappointing indeed.

What was your excuse?

Live in Reading, could not finish work early in order to make the game. Would have cost me including parking, Petrol, ticket about £100 which I don’t have. It costs me about this to go to every home game, which I do. I went to mk dons in the fa cup last season because it was a weekend game. I would not of got home until about 1am which is the same for every night game. But I a bad fan.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I really couldn’t careless. I was there and it was sweet. I can see why some did not want to go tonight and that’s ok. That said the intensity after their equaliser made it a special night, glad I was there.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This 100%. Everything that is said about us by rival fans was proved right tonight. We are a nouveaux rich, plastic club, simple as that. No coincidence that the atmosphere was great tonight.

People think that a drum would be ‘tinpot’, yet we can’t sell more than 12,500 tickets against our biggest rivals. Regardless of the competition, that is pathetic.

Not sure why you keep putting down our fans, when the tournament obviously is the problem. And the scheduling.

There were more Albion fans there tonight than Palace fans at their last FA Cup match - at home against Man City, 3pm on a Saturday (not on TV).

Want to bitch about rivalries? Ask Palace how many were at Selhurst last time they hosted Millwall. It was less than 2/3rds full.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Careful voicing an opinion lad. You'll have someone reply sarcastically saying you're a superfan who deserves a gold star in a minute.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Couldn't be arsed....

Don't buy the whole rivalry thing and didn't fancy watching our reserves - having said that I watched the Barnet cup game with our reserve reserves, so maybe I just didn't fancy watching Palace!

Kayal, Goldson, Uwe and Scheletto all played well and will be used in the run in when injuries, suspension and fatigue kick in. Beating our rivals for a change was great, loved it.

Do not understand any Albion fan not wanting to be at the game when they could easily have made it. Never mind, I’m sure you’ll make a big effort to get to the games against the top six, especially if we beat Boro and draw one of them.

Too many plastics imo, but I guess we need them.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

:facepalm:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

People have been talking about low attendances and the demise of the cup for years now. Throw in a potential rail strike, a complete overreaction from club and police, a Monday night and on telly... Christ is it really that hard to see why a large number of fans were put off!?

Weve been averaging good numbers for years now. Look at many other clubs when they drop out the prem and how much their average attendance drops... Palace about 15k suddenly 25k in the prem (Only managed 17k v us in the chanpionship not too long ago, of which probably 3k brighton fans) . Boro regularly looks like the amex tonight when they're not in the prem, i could go on and on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here